ok, cool, Nintendo has a HD console now..

#1EazyERockPosted 1/17/2013 2:16:23 PM
i mean thats cool and all, but is that really the audience you want to cater to? Am i excited for the Wii U, sure, but damn, im not about to just give in to the industry either. If having better "graphics" and sound and blah blah blah makes the games "better", then thats cool i guess, but i mean i dont necessarily see the NEED for it. Want proof? play Xbox Live... any game will do. Now continue the service for around a year, like i did. Make sure to keep track of every whiny douchebag and tween kid who is calling you homo names. That not enough? Keep track of all the 40 year old men literally crying and tween kids screaming in your ear.. "Oh, well herp derp, go private chat and turn public off" one might say... well thats cool for a while i guess... play the same game over and over... i mean, you wont "technically" be playing the same game per sei, but essentially they are all the same. Like FPS's? well hot damn, youre in luck!!!! you dont? Well F YOU, thats what SELLS right? hell even fun shooters like Halo are being morphed into Generic FPS #346774244467. "Well, herp derp, Gears of War is a good game".. while that is true, guess what? since THAT game is good, guess what the new Cookie Cutter is? every game a remake of a remake.. "BUT ITS IN HD, HERP DERP, WHO CARES?"(an actual comment i have gotten).

i know what this topic is going to turn into, and thats fine, ill let peoples ignorance shine, its pretty humorous to see what people will type to get attention. And before you ask, yes, i own or at one time owned and enjoyed a ps3, xbox360, and a wii, and i do plan on buying a Wii U... but im not buying a Wii U for pretty pictures or high def sound, or a gimmicky tablet, or what have you. im buying it to play Nintendo games, plain and simple..

ask yourself, 25 years later, people still consider Super Mario Bros 3 to be the greatest game ever made... do you think 25 years from now, any game in any current game library will have that honor? nah, dont think so..
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive.. Ya Mad Bro?
#2Elements012894Posted 1/17/2013 2:19:33 PM
EazyERock posted...

ask yourself, 25 years later, people still consider Super Mario Bros 3 to be the greatest game ever made... do you think 25 years from now, any game in any current game library will have that honor? nah, dont think so..

It Mass Effect, Uncharted etc. came out the NES generation it would have those honors too.

The problem is Mario 3 gets older and older therefore even more classic.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#3PoltergustPosted 1/17/2013 2:21:21 PM
Uh, HD is the standard now. What is there to complain about?
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#4NyyarkPosted 1/17/2013 2:24:15 PM
Its hard to know what will be the best game in 25 years because we aren't 8 year olds.
#5MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/17/2013 2:25:08 PM
its pretty humorous to see what people will type to get attention.

That's what I was thinking as I read that.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#6RahzarXPosted 1/17/2013 2:25:48 PM
So you want low resolution on your HDTV?

Nintendo made a console that works with the viewing set 99% of people own.

Dumb topic.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7EazyERock(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:28:48 PM
::grabs popcorn::

this is gonna be fun to watch
---
#8PoltergustPosted 1/17/2013 2:33:31 PM
Isn't it usually the people other than the TC who grab popcorn?

You're doing it wrong! D:
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#9MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/17/2013 2:35:32 PM
EazyERock posted...
::grabs popcorn::

this is gonna be fun to watch

You mean it's going to be fun watching people dismantle this stupid topic?
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#10EazyERock(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:40:23 PM
Poltergust posted...
Isn't it usually the people other than the TC who grab popcorn?

You're doing it wrong! D:

see, i know im going to get hated on.. probably from both Troll and Super Fan camps. im in the middle, ya know, a gamer, that sees things how they are.. for example, i dont NEED HD to enjoy games.. the Wii gets soooo much flak for being a non HD console, but i have around 70 games and about 5-10 Wii Ware games and i love it.. ive had good times all around. why? for one, because i enjoy Nintendo games, and two because theres a bunch of fun games.. ya know, "fun", the main reason to play video games..

that said, i find it funny the only thing people harked on was the 25 years comment...
---