What if the next Mario RPG merged 3D Mario and the M&L series?

#1wiiking96Posted 1/17/2013 3:54:19 PM
Basically, the gameplay in the overworld would be very similar to SM64, SMS, and the Galaxies, but the puzzle elements and Bro teamwork of the M&L series would be heavily involved. You would still engage in turn-based battles, but it would be in glorious HD and full 3D. The cartoony antics and humor would still be used in full, of course.

Something like this could work for the 3DS or the Wii-U.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2FireKatKidPosted 1/17/2013 3:55:38 PM
I'm sure they could pull it off, if anyone could. I doubt it would come out either way, though. Sadly I never got to enjoy the Mario and Luigi saga... I really need to get those at some point.
#3LUlGIPosted 1/17/2013 3:56:44 PM
I'd rather have SM64/Galaxy controls in the NSMB games, not M&L.

I can't picture it at all.
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 1/17/2013 3:56:54 PM
That would be the craziest s*** ever.
#5wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:57:41 PM
FireKatKid posted...
Sadly I never got to enjoy the Mario and Luigi saga... I really need to get those at some point.

YES, you need to get to that, ASAP. You got a Gameboy Advance or original DS? You need one of those for Superstar Saga.
---
#6FireKatKidPosted 1/17/2013 3:58:49 PM
wiiking96 posted...
FireKatKid posted...
Sadly I never got to enjoy the Mario and Luigi saga... I really need to get those at some point.

YES, you need to get to that, ASAP. You got a Gameboy Advance or original DS? You need one of those for Superstar Saga.

Course I do, there's tons of awesome games I still have for those. I just have to find the extra cash to get those games.
#7wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:59:49 PM
LUlGI posted...
I'd rather have SM64/Galaxy controls in the NSMB games, not M&L.

I can't picture it at all.

Think of the bros moves in the M&L games.
Think of playing SM64.

Now think of using those Bros moves in SM64 with both bros out at once.
---
#8Virus66Posted 1/17/2013 4:34:51 PM
FireKatKid posted...
wiiking96 posted...
FireKatKid posted...

Course I do, there's tons of awesome games I still have for those. I just have to find the extra cash to get those games.

For older systems, there are... less reputable ways to play such games >_>
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#9KAMMYqueenPosted 1/17/2013 4:39:04 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Basically, the gameplay in the overworld would be very similar to SM64, SMS, and the Galaxies, but the puzzle elements and Bro teamwork of the M&L series would be heavily involved. You would still engage in turn-based battles, but it would be in glorious HD and full 3D. The cartoony antics and humor would still be used in full, of course.

Something like this could work for the 3DS or the Wii-U.

no thank you i want the next mario rpg too be good
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#10HungoverHero777Posted 1/17/2013 5:14:45 PM
When it comes to M&L 4, all I want is this:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/254/a/7/mario__amp__luigi_rpg_4_ww_by_curtisgwin-d5edyws.jpg
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.