Planning to sell PS3 & Vita for a Wii-U

#111Shinobi120Posted 1/19/2013 12:33:51 AM
Um, no. Right now, it would be a bad choice.

So far, the sales are bombing for this console, especially in Japan:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46506341&postcount=1

They went from 67,083 Wii U systems sold last week, to now 20,715. And it's on the same selling level as the PS3 (which sold at almost 23,000 units during the days of January 7th to January 13th).
#112wskingwsPosted 1/19/2013 12:53:21 AM(edited)
You should sell the ps3 even if you don't buy the Wiiu. The ps4 is gonna be announced soon and when it does the ps3 value is gonna go down. Just a friendly heads up. Same thing happened with the Wii before the Wii u was released, I saw the amount of Wiis being put up on craigslis increase but no one really wanted them anymore so everybody was selling them at like 50 bucks.

On an unrelated note: you know those people selling wii u's for 100s of dollars more then the retail price? The people that bought multiple wii u's just to sell them at a higher price? Alot of those aholes couldnt sell them LOL they screwed them selves and now that almost every store has wii us in stock they tring to sell it at retail price but no ones falls for it .
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN
#113king_maddenPosted 1/19/2013 3:05:31 AM
wskingws posted...
You should sell the ps3 even if you don't buy the Wiiu. The ps4 is gonna be announced soon and when it does the ps3 value is gonna go down. Just a friendly heads up. Same thing happened with the Wii before the Wii u was released, I saw the amount of Wiis being put up on craigslis increase but no one really wanted them anymore so everybody was selling them at like 50 bucks.

On an unrelated note: you know those people selling wii u's for 100s of dollars more then the retail price? The people that bought multiple wii u's just to sell them at a higher price? Alot of those aholes couldnt sell them LOL they screwed them selves and now that almost every store has wii us in stock they tring to sell it at retail price but no ones falls for it .

worst post.

no the ps3 value isnt going to just decline like the wii, the wii was being phased out completely, sony always keeps supporting its console for years after the next one is released. there are still new big time games coming for ps3, this year.
#114wskingwsPosted 1/19/2013 3:22:10 AM
king_madden posted...
wskingws posted...

worst post.

no the ps3 value isnt going to just decline like the wii, the wii was being phased out completely, sony always keeps supporting its console for years after the next one is released. there are still new big time games coming for ps3, this year.

I agree with your post being the worst.

I NEVER Said the ps3 was gonna go as low as the Wii did BUT it will go down in value. Whenever something new is released weather is by Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Apple etc the old stuff goes down in value. Im just Trynna help the guy get the most for his money. About the statement about the ps3 being supported after the ps4 is released, I believed that. It happened with the ps2 BUT would you really wanna keep spending more money on the ps3 when the ps4 is released?
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN
#115Chocobo115Posted 1/19/2013 3:22:11 AM
Just save some mony for the Wii U, then you can enjoy the best from all 3 worlds.
#116CKnightPosted 1/19/2013 5:14:20 AM
wskingws posted...
king_madden posted...
wskingws posted...

worst post.

I agree with your post being the worst.

I NEVER Said the ps3 was gonna go as low as the Wii did BUT it will go down in value. Whenever something new is released weather is by Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Apple etc the old stuff goes down in value. Im just Trynna help the guy get the most for his money. About the statement about the ps3 being supported after the ps4 is released, I believed that. It happened with the ps2 BUT would you really wanna keep spending more money on the ps3 when the ps4 is released?

What ever happened to wanting to play games and not make as much money as possible off your old console I regret selling all my old consoles so quickly when a new one came out. PS3 still has some big games first and 3rd party coming out, why sale it now because an annoucment may be coming in May or June which means the PS4 may not come out until November anyway. And its still January.

Worse off why sale it for a console thats already dated(WiiU) and most likely will tank when the PS4 and Xbox 3 hits?
#117Oni_TaedoPosted 1/20/2013 9:22:00 PM
king_madden posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
No

resonance of fate
graces f
persona 4 the golden
etc

Niche JRPGs are reasons to keep two of the worst systems Sony's made? Which is saying a lot considering how bad the PS1 and PSP were.

(Yeah, yeah, the PS3 has some good games on it. But nothing worth owning. Most games deserve a rental, at most.)

they're better then the wii u

The PS3 has good games, none come to mind, but it has them.
The Vita has nothing worth playing. Similar to the PSP, I don't think that'll change anytime soon.

The U has it's fair share of good games, had a great launch, and doesn't try to do everything at once.
It's a proper gaming machine, and already has better exclusives than the PS3. Not that that's an incredible feat. The Dreamcast had better exclusives than the PS3.

I agree. Everything in this post is purely factual.

If you think launching with Arkham City AND AC3 is a bad launch, you're pretty stupid. Almost stupid enough to run for president.
I'm aware most people HAVE those games. But, what about the people who bought a Wii U, and didn't have a PS3/360/PC that didn't suck balls through a straw? If the U is your first HD console, it had a stellar launch. If you had all those games on your older consoles, good for you, you need not apply.

Also, the only good games the PSP had were Persona 3 and Dissidia.
P3, I enjoyed on the PS2, and Dissidia was better when it had DBZ characters in it.

The only good games on the Vita are made probably going to be made by Capcom, and will probably just be on the PS3, so don't bother owning a Vita AND a PS3, just own one, and you'll probably get most of what the other is getting, minus a game or two.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.