Planning to sell PS3 & Vita for a Wii-U

#51OhHeyltsYouPosted 1/17/2013 7:00:38 PM
If the Wii U came out like 3 years ago when the PS3 was struggling, I'd say yes.

But now? No way. Horrible idea. PS3 has way too many good games coming out, not to mention exclusives.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#52krillensPosted 1/17/2013 7:03:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/40-Best-PS3-Exclusives-Playstation/lm/R2JTCY2BKNCFD8

lots of good ps3 exclusives, list does not include PSN games
#53LeichtspeedPosted 1/17/2013 7:03:56 PM
Baha05 posted...
I voted no because selling ANY consoles for another console is really a bad idea. Unless you are 100% sure there are no Future games for the PS3 or PSV that you are not interested I would not sell them.

This. Just save up the funds and keep all your systems. Even if you can't spot a future release that interests you, you WILL one day regret trading/selling them.

Nostalgia creeps up you when you least expect it, like a roach on your neck in the middle of the night, and no matter how much you resist, you'll have no choice but to scratch...
---
The reaper is always just a step behind me...
#54Kenichi34Posted 1/17/2013 7:12:12 PM
As much as I'm enjoying the Wii U, no. You can ditch the Vita if you want, but hang onto the PS3, it has a lot of good games on it and some more on their way.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#55DemonDog666Posted 1/17/2013 7:17:06 PM
Kourama posted...
krillens posted...
terrible idea

Wii U has one game exclusive worth getting

ps3 had like 30

also.. bluray

What a terrible post. First off PS3 does not have 30 exclusive games worth getting. Second, you can't make an honest comparison like this when one console has been out for two months and the other for 6 years.

Let me check, assuming you like all genres, not counting collections in NA

3D Dot Game Heroes
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Demon's Souls
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
Hot shots Golf 5
Flower
Folklore
God of War III
GT5
Heavy Rain
Infamous
Infamous 2
Journey
LBP 2 (LBP 1 isn't worth it since 2 has pretty much all the content and more)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Papo & Yo
PixelJunk Shooter
PixelJunk Shooter 2
PixelJunk SideScroller
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Starhawk
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Tales from Space: About a Blob
The Unfinished Swan
Tokyo Jungle
Twisted Metal
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
Warhawk
Wipeout HD
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4

40 worthwhile exclusives.
#56DemonDog666Posted 1/17/2013 7:19:52 PM(edited)
NeoMonk posted...
I'd like to clarify a few things: The Blueray argument means nothing to me since i own a lappy which already does that & I use streaming services off my TV in full HD so I don't own many bluerays.
My comment towards "lack of games" was directed towards my VITA the library is crap & most of the good games are ps2 ports I already played.
As for the PS3 library this year I'm only looking forward 3 games The Last of us,Storm 3 & Bioshock. My issue is that I'm looking at the long run, The Wii-U has maybe a 5 year life meanwhile my PS3 has just 1 year since I WILL BE BUYING A PS4 upon release.

Like the other guy said if you have trouble finding games for ps3/vita getting a wiiU isn't the right choice, it's got like 2 worthwhile exclusives.

OhHeyltsYou posted...
If the Wii U came out like 3 years ago when the PS3 was struggling, I'd say yes.

But now? No way. Horrible idea. PS3 has way too many good games coming out, not to mention exclusives.

Doesn't that mean you shouldn't sell your consoles early when they are struggling? Since over time it got so much better.
#57Jon_GodPosted 1/17/2013 7:19:43 PM
Why not just save, and keep all 3? Better overall library.

3 Systems > 1 System.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#58KouramaPosted 1/17/2013 7:20:39 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Kourama posted...
krillens posted...
terrible idea

Wii U has one game exclusive worth getting

ps3 had like 30

also.. bluray

What a terrible post. First off PS3 does not have 30 exclusive games worth getting. Second, you can't make an honest comparison like this when one console has been out for two months and the other for 6 years.

Let me check, assuming you like all genres, not counting collections in NA

3D Dot Game Heroes
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Demon's Souls
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
Hot shots Golf 5
Flower
Folklore
God of War III
GT5
Heavy Rain
Infamous
Infamous 2
Journey
LBP 2 (LBP 1 isn't worth it since 2 has pretty much all the content and more)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Papo & Yo
PixelJunk Shooter
PixelJunk Shooter 2
PixelJunk SideScroller
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Starhawk
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Tales from Space: About a Blob
The Unfinished Swan
Tokyo Jungle
Twisted Metal
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
Warhawk
Wipeout HD
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4

40 worthwhile exclusives.

Yeah no. There are good exclusives on that list, I actually own some of them and played them on my PS3, but they are not all worthwhile titles.
#59kjellboyPosted 1/17/2013 7:23:51 PM
My answer: No.

Not because the Wii U is bad, it is actually great.

However, a few things to think about if you are going to sell a system to buy another:

1: Does the system you are planning to sell have any exclusives that interests you? If yes, then don't.

2: Are you going to regret selling it? If yes, then don't.

3: How many of the coming releases are you looking for? If the amount justifies the PS Vita and PS3 or whatever the system is, then don't.

Or simply save up enough money for Wii U and buy it. So keep it if both systems has something that interests you enough to justify the purchase of both systems.
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB |
#60DemonDog666Posted 1/17/2013 7:27:52 PM(edited)
Kourama posted...
Yeah no. There are good exclusives on that list, I actually own some of them and played them on my PS3, but they are not all worthwhile titles.

If you are a fan of the corresponding genres they are all worthwhile. I doubt there are many people who all of these appeal to. Preferences and all. If there are any specifics games you don't feel fans of the corresponding genre would enjoy feel free to point them out specifically.