Planning to sell PS3 & Vita for a Wii-U

#71The_OllynatorPosted 1/17/2013 7:59:03 PM
PS3?

I wouldn't. There's many good titles there, and probably many you don't own yet. For the amount you would get selling it, it's more worthwhile to keep it.

PSV?

I see more merit here, just given the relative uncertainty of it's future library. Similar things could be said for the Wii U, though it does have the token Nintendo first-party games locked up, of course (assuming that is a sufficient minimum for you to justify buying one). The thing is though, the Vita may well take off and develop a decent library if Sony makes some effort to boost sales (marketing, pricing, etc.?), since the PSP did the same. The other bonus is that the having a Vita and a Ps3 have certain perks with the cross-platform and PS+ features.

Ultimately, I recommend not selling either system, and instead banking a certain amount of money each time you get paid to eventually get a Wii U is far more worthwhile.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#72LogicFrayPosted 1/17/2013 8:05:07 PM
I only have sold 2 systems in my life, first was dreamcast which I regretted and rebought later. Second was the PSone which only ran upside down, and the PS2 was backwards compatible so I didn't miss it. I vote no on selling those systems, Wii-U doesn't have too much going on right now (hopefully it will soon) and PS3 has some great games coming out too.
---
currently playing: Space Station 13, Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysim, F1 2012, GPLegends, Kerbal Space Program
#73KouramaPosted 1/17/2013 8:16:55 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Kourama posted...
I'm objective enough to say a game is a quality game even if I don't like it, however, you are grasping at straws with a handful of titles on that list. Do you own all of those games? Have you played them all extensively? If not then whatever you have not played is pure speculation on your part.

If you believe I'm grasping with certain games, list the games, like I asked you to in my edit.

You should answer my question as to whether you have those games and have an educated opinion because of your experience with them. Proper movie critics watch movies before they recommend someone else watch them. They don't look at public opinion and blindly agree.

In response to picking a game, i will give an example of 1 game. I like games like Uncharted and admittedly thoroughly enjoyed Uncharted 2. However I have a copy of Uncharted 3 and I feel that if you played 2, 3 isn't worth the purchase. Other than a new story you fight hand to hand a lot more which isn't necessarily a good thing. So unless you are a huge fan of Uncharted, the 3rd entry is not worthwhile exclusive.
#74DemonDog666Posted 1/17/2013 8:20:33 PM
Kourama posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Kourama posted...
I'm objective enough to say a game is a quality game even if I don't like it, however, you are grasping at straws with a handful of titles on that list. Do you own all of those games? Have you played them all extensively? If not then whatever you have not played is pure speculation on your part.

If you believe I'm grasping with certain games, list the games, like I asked you to in my edit.

You should answer my question as to whether you have those games and have an educated opinion because of your experience with them. Proper movie critics watch movies before they recommend someone else watch them. They don't look at public opinion and blindly agree.

In response to picking a game, i will give an example of 1 game. I like games like Uncharted and admittedly thoroughly enjoyed Uncharted 2. However I have a copy of Uncharted 3 and I feel that if you played 2, 3 isn't worth the purchase. Other than a new story you fight hand to hand a lot more which isn't necessarily a good thing. So unless you are a huge fan of Uncharted, the 3rd entry is not worthwhile exclusive.

lol really you are saying I'm grasping with uncharted 3, all those games to choose from and you say Uncharted 3, if you said heavy rain or something I might have given you some slack but yeah you're just a troll and have been labeled as such.
#75KouramaPosted 1/17/2013 8:26:28 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
Kourama posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Kourama posted...

lol really you are saying I'm grasping with uncharted 3, all those games to choose from and you say Uncharted 3, if you said heavy rain or something I might have given you some slack but yeah you're just a troll and have been labeled as such.

Lol I'm a troll? Really? I guess I know how dunwich feels now. Basically since I don't agree, even though I own the game, beat it and stated my opinion I don't like it on the Wii U board no less, automatically makes me a troll. Wow, you are one of the most delusional users I've seen here or just a horrible Sony fanboy.
#76YamiYugi4400Posted 1/17/2013 8:27:04 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
No

resonance of fate
graces f
persona 4 the golden
etc

Niche JRPGs are reasons to keep two of the worst systems Sony's made? Which is saying a lot considering how bad the PS1 and PSP were.

(Yeah, yeah, the PS3 has some good games on it. But nothing worth owning. Most games deserve a rental, at most.)

they're better then the wii u
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#77DemonDog666Posted 1/17/2013 8:27:50 PM
Kourama posted...
Lol I'm a troll. I guess I know how dunwich feels now. Basically since I don't agree, even though I own the game, beat it and stated my opinion I don't like it on the Wii U board no less, automatically makes me a troll. Wow, you are one of the most delusional users I've seen here or just a horrible Sony fanboy.

No you said I was grasping with games, you didn't say original multiple of the same series isn't really worthwhile then you said I was grasping with uncharted 3 specifically. It has nothing to do with opinion, but you literally picked the worst choice for the point you were originally trying to make which means your point was just bs and you are infact the one who is grasping.
#78PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/17/2013 8:34:29 PM
As a Wii U fan I'll still say you should keep em if you can. Ive always regreted my trade ins :(
---
-
Good stuff
#79KouramaPosted 1/17/2013 8:40:06 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Kourama posted...
Lol I'm a troll. I guess I know how dunwich feels now. Basically since I don't agree, even though I own the game, beat it and stated my opinion I don't like it on the Wii U board no less, automatically makes me a troll. Wow, you are one of the most delusional users I've seen here or just a horrible Sony fanboy.

No you said I was grasping with games, you didn't say original multiple of the same series isn't really worthwhile then you said I was grasping with uncharted 3 specifically. It has nothing to do with opinion, but you literally picked the worst choice for the point you were originally trying to make which means your point was just bs and you are infact the one who is grasping.

It is opinion though. I like the action/adventure genre. Uncharted 3 fits in that genre. I don't think it is an must have title for the PS3 unless you are an Uncharted fan. I fall into that category of people of people who prefer a genre but don't like a specific title. Do other people enjoy Uncharted 3 and think its a good and worthwhile game? I am sure they do. Just because I disagree doesn't make me a troll. I never said it wasn't a solid game just not a worthwhile exclusive.
#80Oni_TaedoPosted 1/17/2013 8:55:10 PM
odanzrexorc posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
No

resonance of fate
graces f
persona 4 the golden
etc

Niche JRPGs are reasons to keep two of the worst systems Sony's made? Which is saying a lot considering how bad the PS1 and PSP were.

(Yeah, yeah, the PS3 has some good games on it. But nothing worth owning. Most games deserve a rental, at most.)

I love how when Tales is on the GCN it's a killer app but when it's on the PS3 it's a niche JRPG, LOLZ @ fanboy logic.

Except I first played the PS2 version of ToS.
Didn't play the NGC version until a few months after coming home from Sapporo.

It's a niche series, and only ToS was any good.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.