Nintendo needs to bring back some of their underrated IPs. :/

#1ColorfulColorsPosted 1/17/2013 5:12:35 PM
Call me crazy, but seriously, Nintendo needs to bring back some of their underrated IPs. Like Drill Dozer. Or Chibi-Robo. Theres just something about underrated games that appeal to me.

PS: Could someone post that squatch post that shows a bunch of Nintendo's IPs?
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#2Virus66Posted 1/17/2013 5:14:42 PM
Chibi-Robo actually had a DS entry. Was decent enough, but I was really wanting a real one like the GCN game. Custom Robo was a phenomenal game as well. And does anyone remember Cubi-Vore? O_o
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#3BuretsuPosted 1/17/2013 5:16:15 PM
Drill Dozer is GameFreak, so they're probably rather busy working on Pokemon right now.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4ColorfulColors(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 5:17:09 PM
Virus66 posted...
Chibi-Robo actually had a DS entry. Was decent enough, but I was really wanting a real one like the GCN game. Custom Robo was a phenomenal game as well. And does anyone remember Cubi-Vore? O_o

I think Chibi Robo actually got another sequel for the DS. But only in Japan.

Damn Japan gets everything...
But I might as well stop now because I don't wanna start an arguement about Region Lock.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#5KouramaPosted 1/17/2013 5:17:54 PM
I would be happy with a Star Fox reboot, a new Fzero game, Eternal Darkness sequel and a Metroid game that gets back to its roots.

A Zelda game with revamped gameplay, plenty of side quests and decent story would be icing on the cake.
#6TheBonfiniPosted 1/17/2013 5:21:33 PM
I hope they try releasing more highly rated games before going for the under rated games market.

It is pretty impossible to project if a game will be under rated before it is out. Sometimes being over rated is better than being under rated too.

Just focus on the big franchises first and get some teams working on the more niche titles and everyone wins.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#7HeaderHogPosted 1/17/2013 5:22:35 PM
Kourama posted...
I would be happy with a Star Fox reboot, a new Fzero game, Eternal Darkness sequel and a Metroid game that gets back to its roots.

A Zelda game with revamped gameplay, plenty of side quests and decent story would be icing on the cake.

We almost got the Metroid game you wanted. It was freakin' Other M.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#8The_BoredomsPosted 1/17/2013 5:24:03 PM
Hop in your time machine, convince the global populace to buy the originals, hop back in and crash into the sun.

For the greater good!
#9KouramaPosted 1/17/2013 5:25:35 PM
HeaderHog posted...
Kourama posted...

We almost got the Metroid game you wanted. It was freakin' Other M.

The main issue with Other M was the story. The gameplay wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing either. I don't mind a Metroid game having dialogue and story, since Metroid Fusion did a good job with it, but the excessive dramatization and mainstreaming needs to go.
#10Virus66Posted 1/17/2013 5:26:16 PM
TheBonfini posted...
I hope they try releasing more highly rated games before going for the under rated games market.

It is pretty impossible to project if a game will be under rated before it is out. Sometimes being over rated is better than being under rated too.

Just focus on the big franchises first and get some teams working on the more niche titles and everyone wins.

Kid Icarus was a pretty big success. I'd say there is a market for the games if done right. Making a old-school Ice Climbers game akin to the original would likely not be good. However, a full fledged adventure game a la Banjo-Kazooie would move some numbers I'd bet.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit