I wonder when Nintendo will patch in a universal achievement/trophy system.

#21ADHDguitarPosted 1/17/2013 10:26:02 PM
I hope soon.

I like achievements. =3
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#22BSerenityPosted 1/17/2013 10:27:03 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Chaos_Kreature posted...
Let's hope never.

This. It's great that Nintendo doesn't force them on devs. They let them add them if they choose and that's good.

---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#23Tsutarja495Posted 1/17/2013 10:27:22 PM
Chaos_Kreature posted...
Let's hope never.

This. It's great that Nintendo doesn't force them on devs. They let them add them if they choose and that's good.
#24ADHDguitarPosted 1/17/2013 10:31:31 PM
Metroid Prime 3 had in-game achievements via WiiConnect 24. It sucked.

They should just make a normal achievement system and give players the option to turn it off.
---
#25blinkfreakPosted 1/17/2013 10:33:39 PM
Jin66 posted...
Same here. Any console that does not provide me with an arbitory reward for passing the tutorial or jumping 100 times is not worth my time.

I think those types of achievements are stupid. What I did like was playing the Sly collection or the Jak & Daxter collection. The trophies in these games weren't stupid. You got trophies for advancing in the game such as beating a boss, unlocking a special move, collecting all the items in an area. I really like that idea as it shows that you played the game. I do NOT like the trophies that have to do random things that no one would think to do and are pointless, such as jump 100 times

Chaos_Kreature posted...
Let's hope never.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that a universal achievement system means they are mandatory. They can be system wide but a developer doesn't have to implement them if they do not want to. Just because the other systems force developers to do it doesn't mean Nintendo has to make a carbon copy.
#26Fredrick2003xPosted 1/17/2013 10:40:27 PM
Don't have a Wii u yet, but I don't doubt that I will in the future.

NOT having an achievement system is a point in their favor, I hate the trophy circlejerks on PS3.
---
Currently Playing: Espgaluda (Cave, 2003) - Dodonpachi (Cave, 1997) - DmC (NInja Theory, 2013) - Time Crisis 4 (Nex Entertainment, 2006)
#27geneticsftwPosted 1/17/2013 10:45:03 PM
blinkfreak posted...
Jin66 posted...
Same here. Any console that does not provide me with an arbitory reward for passing the tutorial or jumping 100 times is not worth my time.

I think those types of achievements are stupid. What I did like was playing the Sly collection or the Jak & Daxter collection. The trophies in these games weren't stupid. You got trophies for advancing in the game such as beating a boss, unlocking a special move, collecting all the items in an area. I really like that idea as it shows that you played the game. I do NOT like the trophies that have to do random things that no one would think to do and are pointless, such as jump 100.

Isn't beating a boss something you normally do to advance?
---
Sweet
#28Tsutarja495Posted 1/17/2013 10:52:14 PM
blinkfreak posted...
I don't understand why everyone thinks that a universal achievement system means they are mandatory. They can be system wide but a developer doesn't have to implement them if they do not want to. Just because the other systems force developers to do it doesn't mean Nintendo has to make a carbon copy.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it wrong, but how would a "universal"/"system wide" feature not be mandatory for all games? And if it would be optional, what would make that different from how it currently is, where the individual games can have achievements if they feel like it or not?
#29ADHDguitarPosted 1/17/2013 10:54:50 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
blinkfreak posted...

Maybe I'm just thinking about it wrong, but how would a "universal"/"system wide" feature not be mandatory for all games? And if it would be optional, what would make that different from how it currently is, where the individual games can have achievements if they feel like it or not?

Because nothing actually keeps track of it. Your account doesn't actually have any record of anything you've done.

Again, mandatory system wide system, but players can choose to turn it off if it really bothers them.
---
#30TheLightsAreOnPosted 1/17/2013 11:19:37 PM
Chaos_Kreature posted...
Let's hope never.

This. Please.