I wonder when Nintendo will patch in a universal achievement/trophy system.

#61LordcrabfoodPosted 1/19/2013 12:54:22 AM
Buretsu posted...
darkus_f posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
I do not really understand why people are against them, if you do not like the idea of achievements then simply ignore them.

"If it's not on a nintendo system then it sucks" logic.
The notifications can be turned off so you can play your games without even thinking about their existence.
I really hope that an update adds them.

More like "Hey, let's force the developers to spend more money and time adding in a useless achievement system to all of their games!" logic.

LOL, are you serious??? Achievements take almost no time or money to implement and the fact is they have been a success or they would of been dumped long ago.
#62Baha05Posted 1/19/2013 12:57:01 AM
Lordcrabfood posted...
LOL, are you serious??? Achievements take almost no time or money to implement and the fact is they have been a success or they would of been dumped long ago.

It takes time to think up good ones though, and most if not all the developers are kinda forced to add them into their games (On Microsoft's part, maybe Sony's too)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#63NerdstickPosted 1/19/2013 2:45:26 AM
Primum_Mobile posted...
just feel like typing this:
The argument that some people would not buy wii U version but will instead buy PS3 or 360 version is not valid though, because they wouldn't buy the wii U version anyway even if wii U have universal achievement system. Take a look at games that are both in PS3 and 360. If everything is equal (no skyrim fiasco), and the only difference between the two version is which universal achievement system they will get the "points" in, they would choose the one that matters to them, either the one they have higher level on it, or the one with more of their friends. Wii U would never be a consideration no matter what, since it's a new console.

But Nintendo probably won't make an universal achievement, because they wouldn't just follow everyone's footstep because everyone do it. They always try to find something no one else has done before. Sometime that's good, and sometimes that's frustrating. In this case I don't see enough incentives for Nintendo to make one. It will just end up looking like "me-too", and improving will actually take extra time.

Not true. That would only apply to people who are heavily invested in that one system, anybody who would buy multiple consoles in the first place likely wouldn't be so dedicated to one. And even if the games were 1:1 identical, there are benefits to getting it on the WiiU (Off-TV Gamepad Play and Miiverse access, to name a few). But so long as they remain -not- 1:1, and the WiiU versions lack achievements, I'll continue to begrudgingly get the superior versions elsewhere.

Seeing as how the Pro controller is pretty much a 360's with a swapped stick, I'd say they aren't against borrowing what works.
#64SL68Posted 1/19/2013 3:16:54 AM
They have said over and over they're not going to do a hardware implementation of achievements because they don't want to control how you play the game. And I agree with them. I don't want the game to tell me "do this now to get a trophy!"

I want to do things my way, and I also have no need to show off to other players like Xbox teens.
#65Paulf001Posted 1/19/2013 3:21:12 AM
This is one of those things that Nintendo is really stubborn and behind the times on. Having achievements in your games gets more people to buy your games and lets you show of your game accomplishments to your friends.

There are a lot of people who care about achivements/trophies so they will not buy multiplatforms on a console that doesn't have these.
#66ShadowSkill11Posted 1/19/2013 9:09:27 AM
It's fun to beg for games and features we knew the console didn't support when we bought it! Yeah!
#67LordcrabfoodPosted 1/19/2013 11:45:36 PM
Baha05 posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

It takes time to think up good ones though, and most if not all the developers are kinda forced to add them into their games (On Microsoft's part, maybe Sony's too)

Yeah, I think I could come up with a full set of decent achievements for a game inside 2 hrs.
#68geneticsftwPosted 1/19/2013 11:48:14 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
Baha05 posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

Yeah, I think I could come up with a full set of decent achievements for a game inside 2 hrs.

Doubt it
---
Sweet
#69LordcrabfoodPosted 1/20/2013 1:52:27 AM
geneticsftw posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Baha05 posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

Doubt it

I don't, all you need to know is how the game plays. Quite easy actually.
#70geneticsftwPosted 1/20/2013 2:02:35 AM
Lordcrabfood posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Baha05 posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

Doubt it

I don't, all you need to know is how the game plays. Quite easy actually.

50% of the people polled doubt it :)
---
Sweet