God the Gamepad battery life is horrid

#11EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 11:07:15 PM
dbhomie posted...
Just let it die and play on the screen, the gamepad is nothing more than a PS Vita gimmic gone wrong.. 3hrs is pointless when you could do more on the screen playing the next gen game instead.

Great advice. Thanks.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#12EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 11:08:30 PM
spicyitalian739 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...
I've heard good things about the Nyko battery, so if plugging the gamepad in during gameplay sessions exceeding 3+ hours isn't ideal for you, it would likely be a good buy.

Dark_Link604 posted...
Supposedly the Nyko battery lasts 3-4 times longer. Not going to change it yet until the battery dies though.

It doesn't replace the existing battery, works along side it. Here's the page for it.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=UBoost+%28Black%29

You're confusing the one battery that doubles battery life (I think it was double) and has a stand with an actual bigger internal battery that triples the battery life. That battery is called the Wii U PowerPak.

Edit: Nyko's website now states that the PowerPak that triples battery life comes out in February, so just a little bit longer to wait TC. It will be $24.99, and my experience with Nyko is that it will be a worthwhile investment if the short battery life of the GamePad irks you.

Thanks. I didn't know about that. I'll look into it.
---
#13Justice98405Posted 1/17/2013 11:09:33 PM
It is crap, but luckily for me, I've got an outlet close to where I sit and play, so if I need to, I can use the Gamepad while it's charging. Same for my 3DS XL and Vita as well.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#14TheBonfiniPosted 1/17/2013 11:32:27 PM
It's not Nintendos responsibility to ensure their customers are smart enough to figure out how extension cords work. Or you could stop being lazy and rearrange your living room accordingly. Heck, hire an electrician to come in an install an outlet by your favourite seat or are you a broke troll?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#15EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 11:38:29 PM
TheBonfini posted...
It's not Nintendos responsibility to ensure their customers are smart enough to figure out how extension cords work. Or you could stop being lazy and rearrange your living room accordingly. Heck, hire an electrician to come in an install an outlet by your favourite seat or are you a broke troll?

http://www.ducati.org/forums/attachments/848/55624d1329385390-your-848-picture-not-sure-if-serious.jpg
---
#16WaruigiPosted 1/18/2013 12:09:27 AM
I dislike the battery life. It's an inconvenience, but it's not surprising. The LCD screen requires a lot more juice than anything other controller out there and Nintendo was aiming to come in at a certain price point.
---
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim
#17TheBonfiniPosted 1/18/2013 12:23:50 AM
Ya I don't even know why Nyko thinks it can get away with embarrassing Nintendo by releasing a peripheral that dwarfs its battery life for a mere $25. When you consider packaging and marketing costs, and the overhead to run a company, the actual value of a satisfactory battery probably would have cost them $5 to include compared to what Nyko charges at retail prices.

Now everyone knows Nintendo has Billions and Billions of dollars, but just what makes you self entitled whiners think that complaining about battery life here is the answer?

It'd be more productive to farm a bunch of old calculators and rig the solar panels to power the display and only play outside in the sun.

Stop being lazy and do it, I'm getting sick of these criticisms coming up day after day after day.

Nintendo is a business and businesses like money.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#18EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:57:50 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Ya I don't even know why Nyko thinks it can get away with embarrassing Nintendo by releasing a peripheral that dwarfs its battery life for a mere $25. When you consider packaging and marketing costs, and the overhead to run a company, the actual value of a satisfactory battery probably would have cost them $5 to include compared to what Nyko charges at retail prices.

Now everyone knows Nintendo has Billions and Billions of dollars, but just what makes you self entitled whiners think that complaining about battery life here is the answer?

It'd be more productive to farm a bunch of old calculators and rig the solar panels to power the display and only play outside in the sun.

Stop being lazy and do it, I'm getting sick of these criticisms coming up day after day after day.

Nintendo is a business and businesses like money.

lol
---
#19leeko_linkPosted 1/18/2013 1:28:59 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Is the battery pack from Nyko any good? Why Nintendo put out a controller with this bad of battery life is beyond me but it's close to the point where you have to be confined to being near the wall outlet just to keep this thing charged. Really frustrating.

Pretend you're playing a wired controller you'll be okay otherwise just go get the Wii U Pro Controller.
#20ReedeemerPosted 1/18/2013 2:50:00 AM
Well, you're only streaming an entire game to a controller with a backlit screen, thats touch capable, and has its own speakers :^P

But yeah that Nyko battery pack is what you'll wan't since it doubles the battery life.

I get a ton of time out of my controller though, if duration is an issue make sure you have the power-save option enabled, brightness down, volume off, and rumble too if you don't care. Sure that pretty much makes the controller pointless, but thats what you want from the looks of it.

-If the game is WiiMote or Pro Controller capable just press home on the gamepad and turn off the display through the options.
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873