God the Gamepad battery life is horrid

#31TMW001Posted 1/18/2013 8:51:25 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Reedeemer posted...
Well, you're only streaming an entire game to a controller with a backlit screen, thats touch capable, and has its own speakers :^P

But yeah that Nyko battery pack is what you'll wan't since it doubles the battery life.

I get a ton of time out of my controller though, if duration is an issue make sure you have the power-save option enabled, brightness down, volume off, and rumble too if you don't care. Sure that pretty much makes the controller pointless, but thats what you want from the looks of it.

-If the game is WiiMote or Pro Controller capable just press home on the gamepad and turn off the display through the options.

I'm aware of everything it does but it doesn't make the battery life any less horrible. =)

I actually plan on investing in a Pro Controller soon and will most likely end up purchasing the Nyko battery.

It could be worse it could you like 4 "AA" batteries.
#32fon1988Posted 1/18/2013 8:57:01 AM
When does the extra battery from Nyko come out? Does anybody know?
#33EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:19:59 AM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Power%20Pak%20for%20Wii%20U

This is the battery, not that silly boost thing that was already linked.

Yep. I will be purchasing one.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#34Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 1/18/2013 9:31:15 AM
LMAO at people complaining about the battery life when you have to be near the system anyway. You still have to play the damn thing inside your house. Stop acting like it's a portable system.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#35EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:53:14 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
LMAO at people complaining about the battery life when you have to be near the system anyway. You still have to play the damn thing inside your house. Stop acting like it's a portable system.

What does sitting close to the console have anything to do with the battery life? You plug it up to a wall outlet when it needs charging.

Also, no one is treating it as a portable system. It's a controller that I'm supposed to be able to play wirelessly without having to stay confined to it being plugged up to a wall outlet after a few hours of use. Although it requires more juice than a PS3 or a 360 controller, it's still an inconvenience that people have to either keep it plugged into a wall outlet or do so after only a few hours of play.

People need to quit being so sensitive about the Wii U's shortcomings. I didn't say anything about the system being a horrible game console. I simply pointed out of its flaws (which is shared by many) and sought a solution. It won't be a problem for everyone but it will be for others. Every system has its flaws. Chill.
---
#36Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 1/18/2013 10:20:26 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...

What does sitting close to the console have anything to do with the battery life? You plug it up to a wall outlet when it needs charging.

Also, no one is treating it as a portable system. It's a controller that I'm supposed to be able to play wirelessly without having to stay confined to it being plugged up to a wall outlet after a few hours of use. Although it requires more juice than a PS3 or a 360 controller, it's still an inconvenience that people have to either keep it plugged into a wall outlet or do so after only a few hours of play.

People need to quit being so sensitive about the Wii U's shortcomings. I didn't say anything about the system being a horrible game console. I simply pointed out of its flaws (which is shared by many) and sought a solution. It won't be a problem for everyone but it will be for others. Every system has its flaws. Chill.

Yeah, the Wii U has tons of flaws, I don't like the system at all (until the games start showing up at least) so I'm not defending it.

It's just dumb that people complain about this. You're playing a system that has to be plugged into the wall, so for you to complain about the battery life when you HAVE to be somewhere near an outlet anyway is just stupid. The wire isn't even an inconvenience, it's thin and the cord is pretty long.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#37EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:31:07 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...

Yeah, the Wii U has tons of flaws, I don't like the system at all (until the games start showing up at least) so I'm not defending it.

It's just dumb that people complain about this. You're playing a system that has to be plugged into the wall, so for you to complain about the battery life when you HAVE to be somewhere near an outlet anyway is just stupid. The wire isn't even an inconvenience, it's thin and the cord is pretty long.

You're still assuming that everyone has the same living room or bedroom setup. Who sits and enjoys gaming close to the place that the system is plugged up to the point where the gamepad charger cord is long enough to reach where they play comfortably? Like I said, the Gamepad uses far more juice than the PS3 and 360 controller and I never expected the battery life to be that of those controllers but I expected it to be better than what this controller is packing. That's for sure. That's why there's a Nyko battery purchase in my future.

There may be people with outlets close to where they sit but it's not the same with everyone. You can't assume that what may not be an inconvenience for you won't be for others. People obviously complain about it for a reason.
---
#38Dark_Link92Posted 1/18/2013 11:39:36 AM
I have plenty of outlets around, but I hate having to get up mid-game and plug it in. It breaks the immersion. The extra power usage also concerns me- not that that would be alleviated by having a longer battery.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#39DiscostewSMPosted 1/18/2013 11:43:30 AM
In development, but this would be a grand thing to have...

Wireless charging at max 15 meters away.

http://www.yijieneng.com/en/Product_detail.asp?productid=734
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#40SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/18/2013 12:27:51 PM
TheBonfini posted...
It's not Nintendos responsibility to ensure their customers are smart enough to figure out how extension cords work. Or you could stop being lazy and rearrange your living room accordingly. Heck, hire an electrician to come in an install an outlet by your favourite seat or are you a broke troll?

Nintendo could have at least made a battery that filled the battery compartment of the gamepad. Telling people it's their fault the battery life is bad because they don't want to use an extra electrical cord is literary the dumbest comment I've ever heard on GameFAQs since I joined 2002.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.