Is the upcoming game "Defiance" on your radar?

#1diggyfreshPosted 1/17/2013 10:59:31 PM
http://defiance.com/en/?CAS_REDIR=true

I'm actually looking forward to this game/TV show. I think it's a fun concept. It's also made by people that made Battlestar Galactica, one of my all-time favorite series.

What's the probability it would release on Wii U sometime?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#2diggyfresh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:02:58 AM
<bump>
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#3HughJorgennPosted 1/18/2013 1:08:48 AM
That is a good question. I have no idea, but I am looking forward to the series and the companion video game. The gameplay footage looks like a lot fun.
#4Tsutarja495Posted 1/18/2013 1:10:11 AM
Not really. I never heard about it before this post, and I don't own a PS3, Xbox 360, or gaming PC, so even if I did care I wouldn't have anything to play it on.
#5DemonDog666Posted 1/18/2013 1:57:49 AM
No, the show is though.
#6Rasputin77Posted 1/18/2013 9:12:25 AM
Not at all... but Battlestar Galactica does kick ass. ;)
---
Wii U board rule: If the topic title has ANY adjective with a negative implication... it's time to pee pants.
http://alturl.com/hc9un
#7JackalPosted 1/18/2013 9:20:30 AM
So that's what Defiance is? Very nice! It's a futuristic Monster Hunter!!! I'd give it a try. I'll have to decide between the PS3 an Wii U versions.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#8JackalPosted 1/18/2013 9:53:17 AM
I just registered for the PS3 Beta. I'm now an "Ark Hunter"!
---
#9Muljo StphoPosted 1/18/2013 10:14:35 AM(edited)
Never heard of it. Let's see here... Digging through the site for some sort of actual information instead of useless marketing BS... It sounds like some sort of... MMO FPS? (Or third person. Either way, combine two of the genres that I generally find the least appealing why don't ya. (The only thing more unappealing to me would be a sports game.)) And it appears to be set in a post-apocalyptic Earth after an alien invasion with... no actual story, just periodic online events that will reshape the game environment for however long they can keep the game alive?

My initial reaction is to be skeptical.

And there was something about this being tied into a TV show in some way? How's that going to work?

---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#10JackalPosted 1/18/2013 10:15:11 AM
That's why I registered for the beta. If I get it then I can see if I like it enough to buy it. If I don't . then it just cost me a little time.
---