A question about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

#1XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/17/2013 10:20:15 PM
Is this a barely improved version of the Wii game? My friend has it and he stopped playing because he didn't like the control and the characters moved so slowly.

I don't have any WiiU games aside from NSMBU and Nintendoland so I was thinking of possibly getting this.

If the gameplay is sluggish and a minorly improved looking game I may pass.
#2RedOrionPosted 1/17/2013 10:27:12 PM(edited)
Does your friend have the JP version? Anyways, The game is challenging every dodge and attack counts, there is no lock on. Maybe your friend found it frustrating. The game it self is a re-textured and up-scaled version of the original, Monster Hunter Tri for the Wi. Although it does bring a plethora of new content, quests, monsters,etc.
#3xXSmash_BrosXxPosted 1/17/2013 10:28:31 PM
Its not MH3 Tri its an upscaled version of Tri G for 3DS.
---
NN ID: Zmazh9000
#4XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:32:09 PM
He has Monster Hunter Tri which was the US release. I really hate ports from a handheld that are pretty much just cash grabs.

It just doesn't take advantage of the system specs to result in a new game that is made better. Was the 3DS game supposed to be good?

I'd really only be interested in playing co-op multiplayer but if the control is sluggish and frustrating it wouldn't seem worth it.
#5RedOrionPosted 1/17/2013 10:39:42 PM(edited)
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
He has Monster Hunter Tri which was the US release. I really hate ports from a handheld that are pretty much just cash grabs.

It just doesn't take advantage of the system specs to result in a new game that is made better. Was the 3DS game supposed to be good?

I'd really only be interested in playing co-op multiplayer but if the control is sluggish and frustrating it wouldn't seem worth it.

It doesn't really take advantage of the specs, but it is 1080 p but sadly it isn't 60 fps (Wii U being capable of it). The controls are not for everyone, they aren't broken or sluggish; they were just made to be challenging. Like i said, every move you make counts, wear heavy armor and you react slower, vise versa.

I'm personally going to purchase this one, last one i played was on the PSP and i loved it (even though i sucked at it :/)
#6XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:42:26 PM
I'll give the demo a try when it comes out but I think I'll wait for a price drop if there is something I like about it.

I hate spending full price retail for Capcom games especially when they are quick cash grabs.
#7RedOrionPosted 1/17/2013 10:43:51 PM
I'll give the demo a try when it comes out but I think I'll wait for a price drop if there is something I like about it.

I hate spending full price retail for Capcom games especially when they are quick cash grabs.

Yea for sure give the demo a try, It comes out Feb 21.
#8NerdstickPosted 1/17/2013 10:59:44 PM
I'm getting my WiiU for this game, but honestly I'm probably just going to wait a few weeks for a price drop. Between the fact that this is the second port of a game I've already played, that it's not optimized quite as well as it could be, but most of all the fact that it doesn't support off-tv play despite being a one-screen game, just makes it feel like a lazy port. Can't really justify $60 for that :(
#9XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 11:09:10 PM
Yeah this game should have been $50 max, and honestly that goes for all WiiU games. I just don't think the system technology warrants a $60 price tag this late in the current generation regardless of this being a new system.

It just doesn't have the specs to really move past current gen systems. I think the price of games for the system is also going to hurt it if they're max retail.
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/17/2013 11:11:06 PM
RedOrion posted...

Yea for sure give the demo a try, It comes out Feb 21.

..... that's my birthday.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece