This console just seems rushed

#1BenzychenzPosted 1/18/2013 5:03:18 AM(edited)
Day 1 patch.
Lack of features at launch (TVii etc).
Lockups and slow OS that is needing a patch to fix.
All internally developed launch window games delayed (excluding the two launch day games, a 2D platformer and a minigame collection).

It just seems like the console should have released in March or so with the OS actually finished, and a steady stream of games releasing. As it is now they can't even fill the gaps in releases with GCN virtual console games because the Wii U virtual console doesn't even exist yet.
And the fact that these issues are happening when Skyward Sword was the last big first party game on the Wii back in 2011 just screams that something is wrong at Ninty HQ.

As a long time Nintendo fan I'm extremely unimpressed. I thought they would have learnt from the 3DS launch.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#2promo123Posted 1/18/2013 5:10:21 AM
I‘m quite happy with getting it in November and playing the games that did come out at that time. If we waited until March the hardware wouldn‘t be any better at all, just the software, which can easily be updated, though I‘ve had no problem with the software anyway.

If you want more games and a better OS, then don‘t buy a Wii U until March, you‘ll get the same result as if it were only released in March.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 1/18/2013 5:10:27 AM
Cool Story, Bro
#4jairusmonillasPosted 1/18/2013 5:39:03 AM
Nintendo knows they can't compete with PS4 and Xbox Next.

The only way they can compete with the 2 is pricecut Wii U once PS4 and the next Xbox are out. They are targetting the casuals with Wii U cause they don't really stand a chance against PS4 and the next Xbox for 3rd party games.
#5KAMMYqueenPosted 1/18/2013 5:39:47 AM
Benzychenz posted...
Day 1 patch.
All internally developed launch window games delayed (excluding the two launch day games, a 2D platformer and a minigame collection).

It just seems like the console should have released in March or so with the OS actually finished, and a steady stream of games releasing. As it is now they can't even fill the gaps in releases with GCN virtual console games because the Wii U virtual console doesn't even exist yet.
And the fact that these issues are happening when Skyward Sword was the last big first party game on the Wii back in 2011 just screams that something is wrong at Ninty HQ.

As a long time Nintendo fan I'm extremely unimpressed. I thought they would have learnt from the 3DS launch.

this topic seem rush. I mean just look at all the spelling mistake!
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#6MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/18/2013 5:42:34 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
Benzychenz posted...
Day 1 patch.

Too bad you were only able to attack his spelling mistakes and not his points.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#7KAMMYqueenPosted 1/18/2013 5:47:08 AM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
Benzychenz posted...
Day 1 patch.

Too bad you were only able to attack his spelling mistakes and not his points.

too bad i did not even read his "points" because topics like these are geting really really
old if you couldne't have tell
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#8GencoilPosted 1/18/2013 5:51:23 AM(edited)
I think it's important for Nintendo to have a headstart, they're gonna need it. The unfortunate consequence is a couple of delayed launch games and some missing features, but this also happened with 3DS and it's doing just fine now.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#9Not_King_BooPosted 1/18/2013 5:51:28 AM
Benzychenz posted...
Day 1 patch.

Understandable. I mean,

Every system has lockups. Most of these have been fixed through patches (which, I might add, is the whole point of a patch). The ones that haven't are either extremely rare (such as the odd NintendoLand glitch) or in non-Nintendo games (such as the freezing in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed). As for the OS, I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with it, unless you mean that it's slow. While I agree that it's slow, the problem is drastically overblown.. At least the Wii U's two biggest problems can be fixed by patches, unlike most other console problems (i.e. RRoD, YLoD, Wii DL Disc Read Error, PS2 Drive Failure, etc.).

Games get delayed all the time. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm pretty annoyed that Pikmin 3 got delayed, but even the launch lineup we have is better than most. Plus, Miyamoto was right when he said, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

You haven't seen many launches, have you? They're all like this. Well...okay, the Dreamcast had a fantastic launch lineup and a steady stream of games over the next several months...but look at where that got it. As for the OS not being finished, it is finished, there's just a minor error they need to correct.

I believe they took late 2011 and early 2012 to focus on their handhelds. Hence MK7, KI:U, PM:SS, etc.
#10G1243Posted 1/18/2013 7:03:06 AM
Of course it seems rushed because it was. Nintendo had to snag all the suckers it could catch with the Holiday season.

They knew they couldnt compete head-to-head with PS4 or Next Xbox, so they had to release it now. Its time perfectly for a price drop a year later.

And just look at the lack of high quality games. Theres not even one triple A title for the system - no system sellers. Its all ports of old games we have already played.

Nintendo was trying to catch the same wind as the Nintendo Wii did but failed greatly in that respect.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.