how can this be a next gen system

#1joeyx4xPosted 1/18/2013 5:32:26 AM
when the gamepad resolution is on par with the original psp O.o
---
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 2236 2329 6327
#2robinhoekPosted 1/18/2013 5:34:25 AM
It was released after the previous generation. Simple as that.
#3jairusmonillasPosted 1/18/2013 5:37:18 AM
robinhoek posted...

It doesn't work that way.

If Sony and Microsoft still refuse to release their next generation systems, Wii U will be forced to be part of the current generation cause its not capable of leading or starting a new generation from PS3 and 360.
#4MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/18/2013 5:40:55 AM
how can this be a next gen system

It's not.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#5kjellboyPosted 1/18/2013 5:43:55 AM
How can 3DS be a current gen. game system, when the graphical powers of the Vita is sooo much better, heck even smartphones?

Simple answer: It is next gen. Graphics don't mean anything. As I see it, technology is what makes the next gen. game system true next-gen.
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB |
#6Not_King_BooPosted 1/18/2013 5:44:01 AM
joeyx4x posted...

Let me put it to you this way...

-The Dreamcast's VMU resolution was worse than the GameBoy. How could that be considered a 5th Generation system, let alone a 6th Generation one.
-The PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii didn't have screens in their controllers at all! How could they be considered in the same generation as the Dreamcast, or the generation past the Dreamcast, if they were missing this feature?
#7DeathSoul2000Posted 1/18/2013 5:46:17 AM
Not_King_Boo posted...
joeyx4x posted...

Let me put it to you this way...

-The Dreamcast's VMU resolution was worse than the GameBoy. How could that be considered a 5th Generation system, let alone a 6th Generation one.
-The PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii didn't have screens in their controllers at all! How could they be considered in the same generation as the Dreamcast, or the generation past the Dreamcast, if they were missing this feature?

the dreamcast technically wasn't in any gen since it died before it could compete with the real systems.
#8GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/18/2013 6:23:20 AM(edited)
The Wii U isn't current gen or next gen. Its just a piecemeal small upgrade to the Wii. Nothing more.

Nintendo really is no longer part of 'The Group' when it comes to the console space. They try too hard to be different, releasing comparable hardware to sony and ms's offerings way too far behind them, and always with some annoying gimmick or architecture that alienates developers.

I wouldn't even call the Wii U part of the console space, its going to recieve no legitimate 3rd party support outside of the launch window. Unless nintendo shells out some cash for it, no 3rd party big name publisher is gonna make a game for Wii U from the ground up, or port any game of any quality that isn't sloppily done by an outsourced company.

Its just a Nintendo box for Nintendo 1st party games. Its a shame, but thats the bed Nintendos made for themselves.

I'm not even sure why fanboys seem to do all this wiiassurance talking about its specs or this or that like in some competition or console war with sony or ms. It's not, it can't compete period. It doesn't matter what it can do or what the specs are. The games and 3rd party support are simply not there. Without games of substance coming at a steady rate, its just a damn paper weight like the Wii was most of its life.

I'd prefer to see the Wii U get past this rut like the 3DS did, and gain lots of decent software. But with the Wii Us ass backwards architecture, I don't see it happening. 3rd party is used to making games on a more CPU based architecture and Nintendo went completely against the grain and made a system thats the opposite, because its cost effective for THEM. Nintendo really needs to stop thinking solely about their own pockets and learn to compromise on hardware, because they effectively ****ed themselves completely on 3rd party support for the Wii U by going with the hardware setup they chose.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#9Chaos_KreaturePosted 1/18/2013 5:51:03 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
robinhoek posted...

It doesn't work that way.

If Sony and Microsoft still refuse to release their next generation systems, Wii U will be forced to be part of the current generation cause its not capable of leading or starting a new generation from PS3 and 360.

No, what begins a generation is the video game company making a new consol, handheld or home, the new one would be considered the next gen of that company's handhelds/home consoles. Therefore, the Wii U is the next generation of Nintendo consoles, regardless of whether or not MS and Sony have released theirs.
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#10shane122345Posted 1/18/2013 5:51:27 AM
joeyx4x posted...

please stop this stupidity :/
if you dont like the system just dont get one, simple.