when the gamepad resolution is on par with the original psp O.o

How can this be a next gen topic.

when it been done over 9000 times O.o
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#12Chaos_KreaturePosted 1/18/2013 4:53:50 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
The Wii U isn't current gen or next gen. Its just a piecemeal small upgrade to the Wii. Nothing more.

Nintendo really is no longer part of 'The Group' when it comes to the console space. They try too hard to be different, releasing comparable hardware to sony and ms's offerings way too far behind them, and always with come annoying gimmick or architecture that alienates developers.

I wouldn't even call the Wii U part of the console space, its going to recieve no legitimate 3rd party support outside of the launch window. Unless nintendo shells out some cash for it, no 3rd party big name publisher is gonna make a game for Wii U from the ground up, or port any game of any quality that isn't sloppily done by an outsourced company.

Its just a Nintendo box for Nintendo 1st party games. Its a shame, but thats the bed Nintendos made for themselves.

I'm not even sure why fanboys seem to do all this wiiassurance talking about its specs or this or that like in some competition or console war with sony or ms. It's not, it can't compete period. It doesn't matter what it can do or what the specs are. The games and 3rd party support are simply not there. Without games of substance coming at a steady rate, its just a damn paper weight like the Wii was most of its life.

I'd prefer to see the Wii U get past this rut like the 3DS did, and gain lots of decent software. But with the Wii Us ass backwards architecture, I don't see it happening. 3rd party is used to making games on a more CPU based architecture and Nintendo went completely against the grain and made a system thats the opposite, because its cost effective for THEM. Nintendo really needs to stop thinking solely about their own pockets and learn to compromise on hardware, because they effectively ****ed themselves completely on 3rd party support for the Wii U by going with the hardware setup they chose.

So if a console doesn't have third party support, it's not a console? Hmm, I was under the impression that anything that was made primarily to play games was a video game console.
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#13XjphPosted 1/18/2013 4:54:25 AM
Am I the only person who looked at this topic and immediately thought "oh, a troll"?
---
http://highpressure.xjph.net/ - Too Much Steam In Too Little Space
Playing all my Steam games, at long last. (On Hiatus)
#14FoppePosted 1/18/2013 4:57:59 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Not_King_Boo posted...
joeyx4x posted...

Let me put it to you this way...

-The Dreamcast's VMU resolution was worse than the GameBoy. How could that be considered a 5th Generation system, let alone a 6th Generation one.
-The PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii didn't have screens in their controllers at all! How could they be considered in the same generation as the Dreamcast, or the generation past the Dreamcast, if they were missing this feature?

the dreamcast technically wasn't in any gen since it died before it could compete with the real systems.

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#15Moi_ManPosted 1/18/2013 5:23:46 AM
I love how deep people read into this.

IT'S FREAKING VIDEO GAMES! PLAY IT OR DON'T!
---
This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Now, here I go! SHINING FINGER!!
#16Ansem_the_evilPosted 1/18/2013 5:37:00 AM
Is it not any bridge for all these trolls to hide under any more
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#17tai2687Posted 1/18/2013 6:13:15 AM
Foppe posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Not_King_Boo posted...
joeyx4x posted...

Let me put it to you this way...

-The Dreamcast's VMU resolution was worse than the GameBoy. How could that be considered a 5th Generation system, let alone a 6th Generation one.
-The PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii didn't have screens in their controllers at all! How could they be considered in the same generation as the Dreamcast, or the generation past the Dreamcast, if they were missing this feature?

the dreamcast technically wasn't in any gen since it died before it could compete with the real systems.

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

*slow clap* I have never seen that movie, and am now greatly pleased. It has been vanquished with the purging fires; let us speak of this no more.
---
~ Sincerely Yours, Rev. Edward
E PLURIBUS DUDEINUM
#18Baha05Posted 1/18/2013 6:15:08 AM
I got to either call troll or TC needs to get his eyes fixed for the PSP comment.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#19Captain_FetishPosted 1/18/2013 6:33:07 AM
Moi_Man posted...
I love how deep people read into this.

IT'S FREAKING VIDEO GAMES! PLAY IT OR DON'T!

---
Fetish Kick!
#20jsb0714Posted 1/18/2013 6:38:30 AM(edited)
jairusmonillas posted...

It doesn't work that way.

Actually, it does. Since the dawn of video gaming even.

Typical trolling by jm.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this