how can this be a next gen system

#31renzsweetPosted 1/18/2013 8:51:42 AM
robinhoek posted...
It was released after the previous generation. Simple as that.

---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#32TheWhoFanPosted 1/18/2013 8:58:39 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
robinhoek posted...

It doesn't work that way.

Boo hoo. Yeah, it does. Try harder next time.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#33CranberryPSOPosted 1/18/2013 8:59:51 AM
A generation is a measure of succession, not a measure of power. I am not a strong as my father, yet as his daughter, I am still the next generation of my family.

If Microsoft were to release a 16 bit system on par with the Super NES, it would still be a next generation console because it is the next in line of succession.

When consoles are all released in a relatively close time frame of one another it's pretty accepted that they are all the same generation. When generational lines start to get blurred is if you have a release at an odd time frame.

For the sake of example lets say Sony doesn't release another console for 4 more years, 2017. Now let's assume that 2 years later, 2019. Microsoft and Nintendo release new consoles too. Is Sony a late entry into the WiiU and "nextbox" generation, or is Sony an eary entry into the next generation after that? The generational line is not as clear there. But the point remains, a generation is a measure of succession and time, not a measure of power.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#34FlameDragnPosted 1/18/2013 9:06:38 AM
CranberryPSO posted...
A generation is a measure of succession, not a measure of power. I am not a strong as my father, yet as his daughter, I am still the next generation of my family.

By that argument, the 360 would only be a 2nd gen console. The Xbox would be a 1st gen console. lol Sorry, couldn't help it.
#35P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/18/2013 9:10:14 AM
FlameDragn posted...
CranberryPSO posted...

By that argument, the 360 would only be a 2nd gen console. The Xbox would be a 1st gen console. lol Sorry, couldn't help it.

The Xbox launched with the other Gen6 consoles making it a Gen6 console overall. As a Microsoft console it is the first generation. The Wii U is within the Gen8 consoles. As a Nintendo console it is their seventh generation. PS3 is Gen7 but is Sony's third generation.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#36FlameDragnPosted 1/18/2013 9:11:50 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
FlameDragn posted...
CranberryPSO posted...

The Xbox launched with the other Gen6 consoles making it a Gen6 console overall. As a Microsoft console it is the first generation. The Wii U is within the Gen8 consoles. As a Nintendo console it is their seventh generation. PS3 is Gen7 but is Sony's third generation.

You completely missed the point of my post.
#37blitz_0623Posted 1/18/2013 9:14:17 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
robinhoek posted...

It doesn't work that way.

If Sony and Microsoft still refuse to release their next generation systems, Wii U will be forced to be part of the current generation cause its not capable of leading or starting a new generation from PS3 and 360.

Uhhhh yes it does.

It is Nintendo's next gen console. And it is expected that Sony and MS will release their own next gen consoles anyway.
If they don't, then people will have to deal with the Wii U as the ONLY next gen console.
#38CranberryPSOPosted 1/18/2013 9:16:36 AM
I don't see how he missed the point of your post. P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N is spot on. The 360 is the second generation of Microsoft consoles, but is part of the generation shared with the Wii and Playstation 3.

Consoles released within a similar timeframe are all going to be considered part of the same console generation.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#39blitz_0623Posted 1/18/2013 9:17:44 AM
The point of FlameDragn's post was to fool around and take things literally
#40P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/18/2013 9:20:12 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
The point of FlameDragn's post was to fool around and take things literally

I got that. I still shot it down before someone took it seriously and started some stupid argument that the Wii U wasn't 8th gen.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece