how can this be a next gen system

#51AndoMikePosted 1/18/2013 12:03:31 PM
This is a great topic. SO many new names to add to the ignore list!
#52FlameDragnPosted 1/18/2013 12:05:15 PM
CranberryPSO posted...
I don't see how he missed the point of your post. P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N is spot on. The 360 is the second generation of Microsoft consoles, but is part of the generation shared with the Wii and Playstation 3.

Consoles released within a similar timeframe are all going to be considered part of the same console generation.

They missed it because of the timeline of generations of consoles and the quote I was referencing. It's a fricking joke. Good Lord. Take it light.

The argument was of people being generational. Thus, my JOKE reference was that since they are Microsoft's first and second consoles, they could be seen as first and second gen. Quit being so literal.
#53MrMisanthropePosted 1/18/2013 12:21:16 PM
Crimson10Blades posted...
By the same logic TC posted, the PS360 should still be a gen behind Wii U because they don't have screens at all, and thus, no resolution. Going further, they're at a lower generation than the gameboy.

This.
#54Cloud75xPosted 1/18/2013 12:22:43 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Not_King_Boo posted...
joeyx4x posted...
when the gamepad resolution is on par with the original psp O.o

Let me put it to you this way...

-The Dreamcast's VMU resolution was worse than the GameBoy. How could that be considered a 5th Generation system, let alone a 6th Generation one.
-The PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii didn't have screens in their controllers at all! How could they be considered in the same generation as the Dreamcast, or the generation past the Dreamcast, if they were missing this feature?

the dreamcast technically wasn't in any gen since it died before it could compete with the real systems.

It was... you're referring to the dreamcast that died here in the states.

TECHNICALLY it lived on in Japan and still had games being developed even as late as 2012.

It was next gen because it went to 128bit and went beyond CD-ROM, it also did what nintendo only tinkered with... which was fully functioning online play.
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#55CranberryPSOPosted 1/18/2013 3:56:24 PM
Oh all right. I did not detect that it was a joke. It's not always easy to detect that over the Internet.

FlameDragn posted...
CranberryPSO posted...
I don't see how he missed the point of your post. P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N is spot on. The 360 is the second generation of Microsoft consoles, but is part of the generation shared with the Wii and Playstation 3.

Consoles released within a similar timeframe are all going to be considered part of the same console generation.

They missed it because of the timeline of generations of consoles and the quote I was referencing. It's a fricking joke. Good Lord. Take it light.

The argument was of people being generational. Thus, my JOKE reference was that since they are Microsoft's first and second consoles, they could be seen as first and second gen. Quit being so literal.

---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#56mjc0961Posted 1/18/2013 5:43:14 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
robinhoek posted...
It was released after the previous generation. Simple as that.

It doesn't work that way.

If Sony and Microsoft still refuse to release their next generation systems, Wii U will be forced to be part of the current generation cause its not capable of leading or starting a new generation from PS3 and 360.

Except it does work that way. If Sony and MS don't release new systems, then the Wii U will be the only 8th generation console.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#57mjc0961Posted 1/18/2013 5:45:39 PM
CranberryPSO posted...
Oh all right. I did not detect that it was a joke. It's not always easy to detect that over the Internet.

FlameDragn posted...
CranberryPSO posted...

Well, yeah, it isn't easy to detect that if you're the kind of person to frequently have trouble using the internet. Say, for example, that you screw up using the quote feature and post your reply above the quote instead of below the quote where it belongs, then yeah I can see how you could have trouble picking up obvious jokes too.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey