Did Wii U copy Xbox Smartglass?

#11Faceman_Posted 1/18/2013 3:57:32 PM
Yes, they did actually. They saw it and decided to ditch the wii motes in favor of a touchscreen. They perfected it, like they always do, in weeks. Just in time for retail.

/true story.
#12DiscostewSMPosted 1/18/2013 4:14:22 PM(edited)
Faceman_ posted...
Yes, they did actually. They saw it and decided to ditch the wii motes in favor of a touchscreen. They perfected it, like they always do, in weeks. Just in time for retail.

/true story.

your middle name wouldn't happen to be "palm", would it?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#13mjc0961Posted 1/18/2013 5:41:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
/Joke Topic

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#14TheGamingGolferPosted 1/18/2013 5:43:33 PM
Nintendo's always been copying the competition! Look at the Wii, it totally copied the PS Move!
---
Reggie for Super Smash Bros. 4!!
#15DarkFoxVPosted 1/18/2013 5:59:52 PM(edited)
squatch22 posted...
teamaquashock posted...
They've been also developing the Gamepad before iPad came out, although sorry, I forgot where that source was.

Apparently, the original Wii was gonna use a touchscreen pad:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148464

Ah very interesting, kinda makes one wonder how the wii would've turned out had they used this controller then instead of now.

TheGamingGolfer posted...
Nintendo's always been copying the competition! Look at the Wii, it totally copied the PS Move!

To be honest, everyone copies everyone. It's a never ending cycle, that makes one wonder what really came first.

---
"Legends never die"
#16Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 6:56:05 PM
The thing is all the game pad is is an extra screen basically. No games use it well. Right off the bat Smart Glass is excellent with Halo 4. So MS did it better first, on a last gen console (that to be honest is about graphically on par with Wii U).
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#17Baha05Posted 1/18/2013 7:03:45 PM
Mixorz posted...
The thing is all the game pad is is an extra screen basically. No games use it well. Right off the bat Smart Glass is excellent with Halo 4. So MS did it better first, on a last gen console (that to be honest is about graphically on par with Wii U).

But the thing is that games use it, it's not just some cheap app.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#18Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:05:33 PM
Baha05 posted...
Mixorz posted...

But the thing is that games use it, it's not just some cheap app.

Games also use smart glass. Plus in my case it's also like an iPad. Win for MS.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#19Baha05Posted 1/18/2013 7:06:18 PM
Mixorz posted...
Games also use smart glass. Plus in my case it's also like an iPad. Win for MS.

Not really, all they use it for is stats.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#20jakestar0306Posted 1/18/2013 7:08:05 PM
I always appreciate the company of Xbox fanboys. They're not overly aggravating like Sony/Nintendo fanboys, but they still try.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.