If the Wii-U got a Mario RPG, which of these options would you want most?

#1wiiking96Posted 1/18/2013 2:22:27 PM
*topic title* - Results (120 votes)
A Paper Mario game more like TTYD and Pm64
36.67% (44 votes)
A Paper Mario game more like SPM
0% (0 votes)
A Paper Mario game more like Sticker Star
0% (0 votes)
A new Mario & Luigi entry that retains the core formula
6.67% (8 votes)
A new Mario & Luigi entry that does a Super Paper Mario or Sticker Star
0% (0 votes)
Super Mario RPG 2
36.67% (44 votes)
A merging of 3D Mario and M&L
8.33% (10 votes)
Paper Mario and Luigi
1.67% (2 votes)
Something completely new
10% (12 votes)
Other - Please specify
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So many possibilities. Hopefully Nintendo will make at least one Mario RPG for the system.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:01:01 PM
Bump.
---
#3TalicusPosted 1/18/2013 3:41:43 PM
No love for Mario & Luigi? :(
I liked Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga even more than any of the Paper Mario games. I admit, the second and third Mario & Luigi games aren't as good as the average Paper Mario game but I'm still hoping for a new installment that's as good as the first one.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.
#4DTY3Posted 1/18/2013 4:52:26 PM
M+L gameplay with four characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy or Wario and Waluigi) with 3D Mario platforming. (1 character on overworld but you can switch at any time)
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#5NerdstickPosted 1/18/2013 4:57:10 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HTv819Lo1ag/T76L9JPeduI/AAAAAAAAALY/0_1PcrnYAoU/s1600/smrpgbattle.jpg
#6mjc0961Posted 1/18/2013 5:40:05 PM
"A new Mario & Luigi entry that retains the core formula"

Mario & Luigi was the only Mario RPG series that didn't consistently suck. Partners in Time... Yuck. But the other two were good.

And no reason to mess with the formula. If it stays the same, it didn't innovate so it sucks. If it changes, they changed it and now it doesn't have the same appeal it once had and now it sucks, plus the people who want it to change won't buy it anyway because it's Mario so it sucks anyway. So just leave it alone so fans of the previous games (who are the ones who will actually be buying it, not the "no innovation lolol" t***s) can enjoy it.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#7guedesbrawlPosted 1/18/2013 5:44:47 PM
i frankly liked all mario rpgs so far,but i'd like to see a proper sequel gameplay-wise for TTYD
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8nintendo3000Posted 1/18/2013 5:45:39 PM
mjc0961 posted...

Mario & Luigi was the only Mario RPG series that didn't consistently suck. Partners in Time... Yuck. But the other two were good.

And no reason to mess with the formula. If it stays the same, it didn't innovate so it sucks. If it changes, they changed it and now it doesn't have the same appeal it once had and now it sucks, plus the people who want it to change won't buy it anyway because it's Mario so it sucks anyway. So just leave it alone so fans of the previous games (who are the ones who will actually be buying it, not the "no innovation lolol" t***s) can enjoy it.

Why does Partners in Time suck to you?
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#9wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 5:57:48 PM
mjc0961 posted...

Personally, I think that innovation is great if it's in smaller doses and flows well with what we already had. The audience system in TTYD is very innovative, and it doesn't clash with anything that made PM64 great; it just added more. Bowser in BIS is also very innovative, and it doesn't replace anything from SS in a negative way.
---
#10StephenYap3Posted 1/18/2013 6:44:48 PM
A Paper Mario game that is similar to 64 and TTYD. I love Sticker Star, but I feel that the series feels perfect on a home console.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(