I just lost all faith I had on the Wii u..

#1wskingwsPosted 1/18/2013 3:23:17 PM(edited)
I was excited cause we finally have a Nintendo console that plays batman Arkaham asylum and such games! well I went out and bought the game..and WOW the frame rate is horrible! Funny thing is none of the reviewers mention this they just mention the wii u version features. it makes me wonder if all the other third party games are like that too. I was thinking of making this my main onsole but f that, I'll stick with my Xbox for third party games & leave the Wii u for Nintendo games only.
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN
#2NerdstickPosted 1/18/2013 3:19:52 PM(edited)
Ashens mentioned it.

Joystiq: "but there is one Bat-Caveat that must be noted. The framerate is nowhere near as smooth as it is elsewhere. Armored Edition doesn't really have slowdown instead, there's a consistent choppiness to animation. I hope this is a problem Unreal Engine 3 developers get sorted out quickly. In any case, it's not a reason I would avoid Armored Edition (it still looks great), but be aware you're not getting the best-looking version."

I'm of the same opinion though, with few exceptions for games that run just as well I'd find fun with off-tv play.
#3Petey_MeanisPosted 1/18/2013 3:21:42 PM
tepid narrative fellow
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#4KAMMYqueenPosted 1/18/2013 3:25:05 PM
wskingws posted...
I was excited cause we finally have a Nintendo console that plays batman Arkaham asylum and such games! well I went out and bought the game..and WOW the frame rate is horrible! Funny thing is none of the reviewers mention this they just mention the wii u version features. it makes me wonder if all the other third party games are like that too. I was thinking of making this my main onsole but f that, I'll stick with my Xbox for third party games & leave the Wii u for Nintendo games only.

...... 1st sentence stoped reading
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#5wskingws(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:26:12 PM
Nerdstick posted...
Ashens mentioned it.

Joystiq: "but there is one Bat-Caveat that must be noted. The framerate is nowhere near as smooth as it is elsewhere. Armored Edition doesn't really have slowdown instead, there's a consistent choppiness to animation. I hope this is a problem Unreal Engine 3 developers get sorted out quickly. In any case, it's not a reason I would avoid Armored Edition (it still looks great), but be aware you're not getting the best-looking version."

I'm of the same opinion though, with few exceptions for games that run just as well I'd find fun with off-tv play.

That sucks Ima have to return the game and buy the Xbox 360 version instead :(
---
#6_Sovereign_Posted 1/18/2013 3:31:44 PM
I've got both the PS3 and WiiU versions and haven't noticed any difference whatsoever....This is just people taking the flaws of the U3E and pretending it's because of the WiiU
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#7Lord_KagatoPosted 1/18/2013 3:33:58 PM
Thats right everyone. The WiiU is bad because some other company released a bad port of a year-old game on the Console.

NINTENDO'S FAULT!
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#8The_HyphenatorPosted 1/18/2013 3:34:24 PM
The Wii U version has some occasional framerate drops, but it doesn't have any screen tearing. The 360 and PS3 versions have a locked framerate with no drops, but they do have screen tearing.

They're Unreal Engine games; they're gonna have one or the other. Pick your poison.
#9Helmsly2008Posted 1/18/2013 3:45:52 PM
http://youtu.be/vDEKE-1EAss?t=18m58s
#10wskingws(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:52:33 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
I've got both the PS3 and WiiU versions and haven't noticed any difference whatsoever....This is just people taking the flaws of the U3E and pretending it's because of the WiiU

You haven't noticed the bad frame rate on the Wii u? It ruins the game from me. I played the demo on the Xbox and didn't have any problem with the frame rate at all. I'm not Trynna bash the Wii u or anything, I'm just sharing my disappointment.
---