Twilight Princess... GC or Wii?

#41SMASHKING84Posted 1/18/2013 6:41:00 PM
Ampharos64 posted...
GC. Apparently the sun rises in the wrong direction in the mirrored Wii version.

but if you live in japan wouldn't the sun rise in that direction?
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Final Fantasty vi is the best game ever!
#42gamerso1990Posted 1/18/2013 6:42:51 PM
GameCube version.
#43xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 6:50:11 PM
I really should have created a damn poll... lol
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof*, he was gone."
#44ragnarokiusPosted 1/18/2013 6:50:16 PM
I enjoyed playing with a controller more than with the motion controls, so I vote Gamecube.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#45MechaNapoleonPosted 1/18/2013 6:50:43 PM
Blah, I hate the Wii version. Its the game that truly coined the whole Wii "waggle" un-phenomenon. I'd only recommend it if you have (or want) Parkinson's. My wrists hurt so much, I'd switch the wiimote/chuk to the other hand for awhile. Let's not forget that the motion controls are also pretty unreliable, so trying to do any specific move can feel like a crapshoot at times.

But what really irked me was that there is only 1 button available for using sub items. You can "equip" 3-4, but only have 1 available at any time... you have to switch between the 3-4 with the d pad, then hit B or whatever to use it (been awhile, I forget exactly). Sounds like nothing, but I found it to be absolutely rage-inducing. Like why couldn't the dpad just use the item right then and there? Pointless. Its like adding a second menu to switching items. Cube may only have 2 open slots to mess with... but thats 100% better than 1, and as petty as that sounds, it certainly makes a huge difference in the long run.

The only pro I will give the Wii version is in its aiming controls, which are near perfect... but ultimately not a big deal considering its not needed too often.
Some may say widescreen support too... but it stretches the resolution to achieve that, thus making it technically uglier (though aesthetically more pleasing I guess). I call that a wash.

Gamecube may not revolutionize anything, but its all tried and true. Wii takes one step forward and 10 steps back.
#46ViewtifulGravePosted 1/18/2013 6:51:18 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Ampharos64 posted...
GC. Apparently the sun rises in the wrong direction in the mirrored Wii version.

You do know that Japan is still on Earth right?
---
Tell you what man. You enjoy teaching high schoolers, and I'll enjoy creating my crappy manga. Let's see where we both are in a year.~ TheDoorMouse
#47SandOnMyBootPosted 1/18/2013 6:57:12 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Ampharos64 posted...

Where you are doesn't change which direction east is.
#48DuckerdooPosted 1/18/2013 6:58:05 PM
ViewtifulGrave posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Ampharos64 posted...

You do know that Japan is still on Earth right?

*looks out window*
GAHHH!!! You're rotating the wrong way! For the love of all that is holy, GO BACK, GO BACK!!!
---
"Stay perky."
-Thing Slinging Toad, Paper Mario: Sticker Star
#49Shin_GallonPosted 1/18/2013 6:59:00 PM
Gamecube version, the motion controls are terrible and they mirrored the world and made Link right-handed.
For maximum awesomeness play the GC version on a Wii.
#50Fishlover2004Posted 1/18/2013 7:01:49 PM
Only played it on the Wii and really enjoyed it. It's just a matter of what controller you would prefer.