Twilight Princess... GC or Wii?

#71KelsieKattPosted 1/18/2013 8:34:45 PM(edited)
MechaNapoleon posted...
Blah, I hate the Wii version. Its the game that truly coined the whole Wii "waggle" un-phenomenon. I'd only recommend it if you have (or want) Parkinson's. My wrists hurt so much, I'd switch the wiimote/chuk to the other hand for awhile. Let's not forget that the motion controls are also pretty unreliable, so trying to do any specific move can feel like a crapshoot at times.

But what really irked me was that there is only 1 button available for using sub items. You can "equip" 3-4, but only have 1 available at any time... you have to switch between the 3-4 with the d pad, then hit B or whatever to use it (been awhile, I forget exactly). Sounds like nothing, but I found it to be absolutely rage-inducing. Like why couldn't the dpad just use the item right then and there? Pointless. Its like adding a second menu to switching items. Cube may only have 2 open slots to mess with... but thats 100% better than 1, and as petty as that sounds, it certainly makes a huge difference in the long run.

The only pro I will give the Wii version is in its aiming controls, which are near perfect... but ultimately not a big deal considering its not needed too often.
Some may say widescreen support too... but it stretches the resolution to achieve that, thus making it technically uglier (though aesthetically more pleasing I guess). I call that a wash.

Gamecube may not revolutionize anything, but its all tried and true. Wii takes one step forward and 10 steps back.

This is post pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. This is my EXACT feelings on it. I particularly hate how frequently people throw around the whole having 4 items equipped thing without mentioning that they're slower to use by comparison because they're not actually "equipped" at all.

I actually got the Wii version originally because I was told by many people that it was superior, but shortly after I got it I traded it in because of everything you mentioned which was driving me crazy and I've had the Gamecube version ever since.
#72phacesPosted 1/18/2013 8:35:29 PM
IMO

Save money and get the Wii version. You can also play it on the U.
#73debot5Posted 1/18/2013 8:50:00 PM
Wii version is great!
#74ShnarshPosted 1/18/2013 9:02:14 PM
Wii better
#75HollowNinjaPosted 1/18/2013 9:31:57 PM
Go with the Gamecube version for superior controls, plus that way the world isn't mirrored.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja
Official Thor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#76TJSpykePosted 1/18/2013 9:45:37 PM
Wii version is superior.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331
#77dark trunksPosted 1/18/2013 9:52:34 PM
If you can afford it, get both. At least then you won't feel like you made a mistake getting one over the other, and end up regretting it.

I haven't played the Gamecube version, but you can't go wrong either way.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#78MajinKogahazanPosted 1/18/2013 9:54:13 PM
HollowNinja posted...
Go with the Gamecube version for superior controls, plus that way the world isn't mirrored.

---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#79snowboard340Posted 1/18/2013 10:03:15 PM
I bought it for the gamecube when it first came out, and got about halfway through the game before I got a wii. I sold my gamecube version to get the wii version. I regretted that decision, because the tacked on motion controls really cheapened the experience. I would suggest the gamecube version.
#80TatsuSuouPosted 1/18/2013 10:26:06 PM
Gamecube because that was the original vision. Wii version is a port with tacked on controls.
---
Feel The Ether
http://backloggery.com/Mayadome