Wii games looking VERY jagged on Wii U

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii games looking VERY jagged on Wii U
3 years ago#1
So when I play wii games on my Wii u, they look ridiculous. Maybe it's because it's trying to upscale them? I don't know..
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
3 years ago#2
yeah same, wii games look terrible....dont know why
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
3 years ago#3
Lies
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
3 years ago#4
One of my friends told me the same thing but I don't notice a difference for better or worse.
3 years ago#5
Wii games look horrible on a Wii when played on an HDTV.
3 years ago#6
As far as I can tell it depends on when the game was made, I could play something like Rabbids Go Home (2009) and it would look pretty good (despite it being a pretty bad game), yet I could pop in Twilight Princess (2006) and it looked so bad that at times that I thought I was playing a late N64/early GC game. Hopefully Nintendo will release a patch that at least tries to fix this issue with older Wii games.
3 years ago#7
Wii U makes the image a bit clearer which enhances the jagged edges.
3 years ago#8
This is what SD games look like on an HDTV through HDMI.

Thank Nintendo for deciding that the world was not ready for HD in 2006.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
3 years ago#9
Nintendo better patch this crap cuz right now im having to keep my old wii taking up space in the entertainment center
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
3 years ago#10
You might try changing your Wii u output resolution to standard def before you play Wii games. This will force the TV to perform the upscaling instead and *might* get you better results.

The real fix for jaggies of course is anti-aliasing, but thats something Nintendo would have to do.
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."-FDR
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii games looking VERY jagged on Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived