Wii games looking VERY jagged on Wii U

#11fhsfootball74Posted 1/18/2013 4:23:29 PM
It really depends on the age of the game. Compare Skyward Sword to Twilight Princess. SS is much smoother looking.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#12adampeltzPosted 1/18/2013 4:34:33 PM
I think they look cleaner on the Wii U, even comparing to component output from the original Wii.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#13JackalPosted 1/18/2013 4:38:17 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
This is what SD games look like on an HDTV through HDMI.

Thank Nintendo for deciding that the world was not ready for HD in 2006.

This.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#14stekim40Posted 1/18/2013 4:39:52 PM
I agree with the TC, I bought three wii games to play over xmas, Little Kings Story, Rune Factory: Frontier and Chocobo's Dungeon, all are unplayable on my Wii U as they are incredibly blurry and headache inducing.

Just my luck I gave my old Wii to a friend after I transferred my data across, so I can't even play them on the wii. grr :(
---
Playing: Far Cry 3, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#15thundercat2600Posted 1/18/2013 4:41:26 PM
ConcordeBFV posted...
You might try changing your Wii u output resolution to standard def before you play Wii games. This will force the TV to perform the upscaling instead and *might* get you better results.

The real fix for jaggies of course is anti-aliasing, but thats something Nintendo would have to do.

This is probably the best solution. Wii U does a terrible job at upscaling. Better to set the output to 480p and let your TV upscale it to native resolution.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#16coriander36Posted 1/18/2013 4:44:48 PM
It must depend on the game, I still play Monster Hunter Tri and it looks a little better on the Wii U. It might just be the HDMI cable though.
#17P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/18/2013 4:46:34 PM
I have Muramasa, Manhunt 2, One Piece Unlimited Adventure, Red Steel, Excite Truck, and Smash Bros. They all look great to me.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#18IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/18/2013 4:48:41 PM
Don't take Panda seriously, he is the guy that said Other M and Red Steel were good games.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#19PendragoonPosted 1/18/2013 4:54:58 PM(edited)
All the Wii U does to Wii games is output them in a pure digital signal upscaled to 1080p. (not rendered in HD)

How they will look on your HDTV is entirely game dependant.

For reference the Wii renders the games digitally, converts the signal to analog and your TV converts it to digital and scales it to your TVs native resolution. The Wii U removes several steps leading to a much cleaner signal.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#20ConcordeBFVPosted 1/18/2013 5:07:03 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...

The Wii U removes several steps leading to a much cleaner signal.

The signal is technically cleaner due to not needing digital to analog converters, analog to digital converters, and the increased resilience to noise & interference of digital signals. The DACs and ADCs in consumer electronics now are pretty good and in a normal residential environmental noise & interference will not be a major issue so this won't really have a major impact on image quality. It's been my experience that the quality of the upscaler is now the most important factor and the quality of upscalers varies considerably.
---
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."-FDR