Wii games looking VERY jagged on Wii U

#21kylemcauliffe15Posted 1/18/2013 5:12:22 PM
I never cared. It's always been a matter of the games looking how they look.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#22knightimexPosted 1/18/2013 5:33:32 PM(edited)
Are you guys just now finding out what SD games look like on an HD monitor?
At least on the wii u the games look better on an HD tv than an actual wii would.

Also get a better TV.

Even N64 games on my HD Tv don't look bad, but looked epic horrible on my older hd tv.

If your TV allows for it....

Set it to 4:3 Ratio this will help keep the games from being stretched out.
Also if you have smart screen you can make the screen smaller giving you a MUCH better image at the cost of a slightly smaller viewing window.

It helps to pay for quality.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#23MisterSmeePosted 1/18/2013 5:31:21 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Don't take Panda seriously, he is the guy that said Other M and Red Steel were good games.

Hes also the guy that can't see a difference between SD or HD. So I wouldn't take his opinion on anything HD related seriously. I find it quite funny that he said TC was lying though.

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

And I'm another person who "cannot see" the difference between an SD and an HD TV, except the real thing is that HD in no way impresses me. Factually, whenever I see something in true HD at a high enough fps my reaction is to tilt my head to the side and state that it looks fake. When switching from SD to HD on my 360 I see no outstanding differences that make it worthwhile. 3D is a different story, but this isn't about that.

Source: http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64445756?page=4

On topic I have the same problem, my HD TV has a better upscaler than the wii-u does. That's probably what your experiencing TC.
#24P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/18/2013 5:59:20 PM
I didn't claim to see a significant improvement from SD to HD here, I'm saying Wii games don't look blurry or jagged on the Wii U.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#25super_cloutPosted 1/18/2013 7:29:24 PM
wii games look awesome and i mean awesome on the U, oh Other M is a good game too

sorry bro.
#26kylemcauliffe15Posted 1/20/2013 10:41:23 AM
Isn't "HD" the new standard? So wouldn't that make "HD" "SD"?
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#27_Sovereign_Posted 1/20/2013 10:44:12 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Don't take Panda seriously, he is the guy that said Other M and Red Steel were good games.

I think most would take anyone seriously over you any day
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#28GloryChaosPosted 1/20/2013 10:50:25 AM
How blurry are we talking?

Since my CRTv is gone, I now play my wii and GameCube games on an HDTV. Path of Radiance looks fuzzy now, as do some other games but that's most likely because I'm playing them through component cables.

The Wii games look fine to me on the WiiU though. Then again, what do I know? I thought that ps3 games looked great on an HDTV even if you used component cables only to be told that Super Street Fighter 4 looks like total **** if you don't use an hdmi cable.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#29Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/20/2013 10:57:19 AM
Wii games do look jaggy on the Wii U, but they're still a hell of a lot better looking than they do on the Wii.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#30Dark_Link92Posted 1/20/2013 11:07:52 AM
I had my Wii hooked up to my Full HD TV with Component cables, and it looked fine. SS on the Wii U via HDMI though looks absolutely horrible. Its incredibly distracting. Some gmes- like Galaxy, Colours, etc, are fine though.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!