Zelda should have guns by now...

#31Bosniak10Posted 1/19/2013 4:40:40 AM
Yes but it wont work unless you can aim down sight.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll! Do not feed!
#32George TrevorPosted 1/19/2013 4:41:49 AM
LOL are you out of your god damn mind?
---
My Biohazard - RE Collection: youtu.be/1RpMCJiLUck
My Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/AlienGenotype
#33YojimboohPosted 1/19/2013 5:04:42 AM
it should also have blackjack and hookers!
---
I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. - John Constantine
#34Muljo StphoPosted 1/19/2013 5:20:35 AM(edited)
It's a fantasy world where a highly technologically advanced civilization existed in the world's most ancient history and used their hybrid technological and magical crafts to build the world that the god(s) that they served wanted them to create. They apparently built most of the structures that would be the temples and other types of dungeons that we would explore all throughout the entire series. And in the hundreds of years that pass in between major points on the timeline it seems like the citizens coast by on their medieval-esque lifestyle supported by whatever remnants of that ancient civilization's technology and magic that they can still use for their more complicated needs.

Of course, in the timeline where the flood happened the old land was lost beneath the sea and they did start producing steam engine technology to help fill their new needs.

Anyway, if the developers felt like it they could provide some setup where a Beamos statue gets miniaturized and then we get to carry it around and use it to shoot laser beams at enemies. They can easily bypass anything that would seem like normal advancement in the real world and add in whatever gizmos they feel like.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#35DeathSoul2000Posted 1/19/2013 5:23:03 AM
hyruler461 posted...
Duckerdoo posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
I don't want Red Dead Redemption in my Zelda.

Fix'd, imo.

The only ranged attack item that should be added alongside the bow & sling-shot is, of course, the crossbow from Link's Crossbow Training. Early in the game, you get the sling shot that can stun opponants, and stuff. Then half way through the game, you get the bow that can damage opponants. Then near the end of the game (1 or 2 levels to go), you get the crossbow for a faster rate of fire, but reduced accuracy. I'm not sure about you, but at the end of Skyward Sword, I sure did miss the crossbow and it's machine gun power-up.

Actually a crossbow would probably have a slower rate of fire, but maybe more accurate and stronger. Pulling that string back takes time.

you do know that a crossbow has a trigger right? the string is already pulled back, and the trigger releases it. methinks you're thinking of a plain old bow.
#36Dark_Link92Posted 1/19/2013 5:25:09 AM
I'm ok with having a very limited use musket, but that is as far as I would like.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#37Hawker44Posted 1/19/2013 5:55:01 AM
let me think... no
#38nonty96ziePosted 1/19/2013 6:10:31 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
hyruler461 posted...
Duckerdoo posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
I don't want Red Dead Redemption in my Zelda.

Fix'd, imo.

The only ranged attack item that should be added alongside the bow & sling-shot is, of course, the crossbow from Link's Crossbow Training. Early in the game, you get the sling shot that can stun opponants, and stuff. Then half way through the game, you get the bow that can damage opponants. Then near the end of the game (1 or 2 levels to go), you get the crossbow for a faster rate of fire, but reduced accuracy. I'm not sure about you, but at the end of Skyward Sword, I sure did miss the crossbow and it's machine gun power-up.

Actually a crossbow would probably have a slower rate of fire, but maybe more accurate and stronger. Pulling that string back takes time.

you do know that a crossbow has a trigger right? the string is already pulled back, and the trigger releases it. methinks you're thinking of a plain old bow.

You have to wind a crossbow before you fire it, so it does actually take more time.
---
Black FC - 5372 0619 6373
LoL EUW IGN - Poranthe
#39kiba312Posted 1/19/2013 6:15:09 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
I don't want call of Duty in my Zelda.

you spoke for everyone my good man
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#40guedesbrawlPosted 1/19/2013 6:30:28 AM
the reason is because bows are a staple of the series.
any kind of gun would 1-up bows easily,just like all bows 1-up the slingshot.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6