Reggie talks smack about Wii U's less than great ratings

#21Faceman_Posted 1/18/2013 10:13:40 PM
HeaderHog posted...
"Reviews of a system or reviews of a game really come down to the quality and capability of the reviewer."
-Reggie Fils-Aime

So, basically he's just like every Nintendo zealot, saying it's not the console's fault for having problems, the people are just being stupid.
I actually feel insulted, after making that review on the Wii U.

Keep your mouth shut, punk. Reggie's word is stronger than God's.
#22HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:14:02 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
I've read some reviews that are straight up just personal complaints. These reviews do not come off as professional but as a very biased personal opinion. I'm looking at Game Informer. Then again, is it just me or do they often come off as anti-Nintendo? Maybe I just don't agree with their opinion a lot of the time.

Actually, GI never really does come off as anti-Nintendo.
They gave NSMBU a very good score, and are expecting very good games coming up from Nintendo.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#23GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/18/2013 10:21:43 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
It's not like in this day and age of instant gratification and tweet riddled popular opinion that anything can ever get a fair and unbiased review anymore. We as a society have completely forgotten how to think for ourselves. We crave and rely on that warm comforting feeling of electronic camaraderie.

*sips beer*

...and of course Reggie's gonna toot the Nintendo horn. That's his job.

This post was incredibly eloquently put, save for one thing. Beer isn't a good match for the level of eloquence in the rest of the post.

Sparkling white champagne perhaps, maybe wine, but not beer.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#24Waggy17Posted 1/18/2013 10:29:06 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
HeaderHog posted...
Baha05 posted...
Some people and reviewers can be pretty damn stupid though.

Agreed. But still. Some reviews actually seem very unbiased, and are sometimes below average.

Doesn't that exactly prove the point though? The quality of the review depends on the quality of the reviewer. He didn't say all bad reviews are only from idiots, just that not all reviews are worth listening to.

I remember reading/watching an impression of No More Heroes in which the reviewer was commenting on the broken driving mechanics of the game. I was then treated to clips of the reviewer turning the motorcycle the wrong way in every turn. After playing the game myself and quickly picking up the driving controls, I learned to simply dismiss the reviewer's impressions, as he obviously didn't know how to play the game.

I also recently saw pictures of a Wii U set up after unboxing from a British publication. This was before I picked up the console myself. They set up the Wii U vertically, and it was obvious that it was set upside down. It's hard to take said publication seriously when it's their job to know the ins and outs of this new technology, yet someone who hasn't even physically seen the system in person can tell they don't know what they're doing.

I would certainly expect a reviewer to have a certain quality or knowledge. Without that, there's no use of their opinion.

Of course, Reggie is going to defend Nintendo. That's what he's paid to do.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#25SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/18/2013 10:53:18 PM
miraimike posted...
Ehh, remember after Lair got horrible reviews and Sony responded by sending out a "guide" for reviewers?

A "guide" isn't directly blaming the reviewers for your companies console problems in direct words like Reggie did either.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#26Baha05Posted 1/18/2013 10:54:54 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
A "guide" isn't directly blaming the reviewers for your companies console problems in direct words like Reggie did either.

And yet Reggie isn't blaming reviewers now is he?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#27HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:11:51 PM
Baha05 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

And yet Reggie isn't blaming reviewers now is he?

At least he's trying to be subtle.
---
Bacon.
#28Sailor GoonPosted 1/19/2013 12:16:45 AM
at this point, I really dont see how anyone can actually defend Nintendo as a company
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#29HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 8:32:26 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
at this point, I really dont see how anyone can actually defend Nintendo as a company

Only way a person could is if somebody exaggerated negative things.
---
Bacon.
#30trenkenPosted 1/19/2013 9:00:42 AM
He's just a salesman. He's no different than a car salesman. He twists the truth in his favor to paint the company in a good light. He's just a corporate suit hired to be a face for the company in the US and just does what he's told.

Pretty sure he would lose his job if he told the truth about everything.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero