Gamers have a serious problem with news sources and reviews.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Gamers have a serious problem with news sources and reviews.

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
4 years ago#1
Every time a gamer sees a review score/article trashing a game/platform he or she likes, the response is often "lol, *site name*. But if its portraying the game/platform in a positive light, then it's all "i was right, lol."

Here's the problem: you can't just reject data if it doesn't fit your preconceived notion. Omitting bad/good reviews and articles yields incomplete results that could weaken your point.

My point is that gamers shouldn't omit things that don't fit a preconceived conclusion.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
4 years ago#2
Gamers?
should be everyone

everytime i go to rottentomatoes i get pissed off

User Info: ChipChipperson

ChipChipperson
4 years ago#3
I don't read reviews of anything. My own tastes have rarely, if ever, steered me wrong.
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#4
Everyone has issues on all fronts, fans, trolls, gamers, etc.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#5
KaiRyusaki posted...
Gamers?
should be everyone

everytime i go to rottentomatoes i get pissed off

rottentomatoes is filled with "not allowed to describe" people who have the WORST opinions on anything.

Seriously.
A movie like "Broke Back Mountain" can score well.
But any other movie is poorly reviewed.

f*** rotten tomatoes
Old School Games FTW!

User Info: DarkFoxV

DarkFoxV
4 years ago#6
The whole gaming industry is terrible, like Hollywood.

I doubt this will ever change.
"Legends never die"

User Info: tuznecote

tuznecote
4 years ago#7
Because people are selfishly minded. They want what THEY like to be the greatest thing and get offended whenever someone doesn't like what they like. Some feel it as a sort of diss against them.

Some people seriously don't know the simple words of "It may not be the best thing on earth but I like it". It angers me when people can't simply stand outside their own heads and critisise something. The Resident Evil 6 fans are the worse I have seen since.....

SONIC ADVENTURE 2!!! >:(

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
4 years ago#8
This has nothing to do with gamers, it is people in general. Look at politics!
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Gamers have a serious problem with news sources and reviews.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived