Has there been any talk by Nintendo or anyone about a price drop for the Wii U?

#1thechaoticclownPosted 1/19/2013 2:34:10 AM
Just want to know, because I'm not willing to pay $350 for a Wii U.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 1/19/2013 2:35:01 AM
no. tough ****. either pony up, or wait 10 months until xmas.
#3Worker_8_Posted 1/19/2013 2:38:06 AM
Price drop won't happen for awhile, but then again, it's really no big deal. There really aren't any must have games on it, so I'm just going to wait. Maybe they'll release a refined console with alot of the launch console issues gone as well by the time they have a good library of games.
#4geneticsftwPosted 1/19/2013 2:41:36 AM
Pay $300
---
Sweet
#5SocranPosted 1/19/2013 4:18:09 AM
Plenty of people have been talking about a price drop. They've also been talking about flops, and everyone buying this console being an idiot, and all sorts of other unrealistic things. There won't be a price drop until near the end of this year, at the earliest.

On that note, you should remember that $350 is the price of the deluxe version, which comes with a pack-in game (which is legitimately good), along with other things. You could just get the system itself for $300, although I wouldn't recommend passing up Nintendo Land if at all possible. You could also simply think of the deluxe version as being a $290 console with a $60 game.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6rockyminPosted 1/19/2013 4:22:23 AM
Worker_8_ posted...
Price drop won't happen for awhile,.

Funny, I saw the exact same thing posted on the 3DS boards a couple of months after its launch.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#7leopoldsharkPosted 1/19/2013 4:28:38 AM
It'll drop by next Christmas, Sony and Microsoft will come out with their expensive consoles with little to no games, Wii U will sell more, and we can all go to the Microsoft and Sony boards and go "Microsoft is DOOOOOMED!" Won't it be grand?
#8DarthFloatyPosted 1/19/2013 4:57:10 AM
leopoldshark posted...
It'll drop by next Christmas, Sony and Microsoft will come out with their expensive consoles with little to no games, Wii U will sell more, and we can all go to the Microsoft and Sony boards and go "Microsoft is DOOOOOMED!" Won't it be grand?

And then Sony/Micro's systems will sell better, a few years will pass, someone will announce a new system, and everything will start over again!

*Cue "We didn't start the fire" by Billy Joel"