The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#1SL68Posted 1/19/2013 2:37:17 AM
Read this:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/12/interview-super/

"But there were not too many people at the time with expertise in that area, so I really had free reign to do what I wanted, so long as I didnít make Miyamoto angry."

"But even at that time, I felt like I came up with this entire scenario and a backstory for Link, but nobody really seemed to care. They were always saying, letís not try to push the story forward too much."

"And that was the way that I tried to work on Ocarina of Time and Majoraís Mask. A lot of the EAD games that do seem to have a lot of story, a lot of that came from my influence. But those are aspects of the games that Miyamoto wasnít nearly as fond of and occasionally didnít like."

"For a long time, it really felt like telling a story in a Mario game was something that wasnít allowed."

"And everyone else who is CCíed on these emails from Miyamoto have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. So Iíll translate for everyone else, "I think heís trying to say this.""
#2Arok2092Posted 1/19/2013 2:48:25 AM
What's the problem here?
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#3WesfanboyneverPosted 1/19/2013 3:00:42 AM
I feel after "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" happened, Miyamoto has been kind of dropping the ball a bit... and it seems everyone else as well...
---
What's to say really?
#4guttertalkPosted 1/19/2013 3:05:40 AM
The problem with Zelda isn't a lack of story but of what made the game great to begin with. This article is dead on:

http://tevisthompson.com/saving-zelda/
#5FoppePosted 1/19/2013 3:06:58 AM
Arok2092 posted...
What's the problem here?

The problem is that TC suddenly discovered that the good old games suddenly turned into bad old games after he read some article.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:09:31 AM
The problem is that Miyamoto belongs to the previous generation where stories about princess and knights were still OK. Today that doesn't hold up.
#7DarthFloatyPosted 1/19/2013 3:10:42 AM
He made Pikmin. That's not about princesses and kinghts.

/Topic
#8SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:14:10 AM
DarthFloaty posted...

/Topic

No, it's about his own garden. Great.

Seriously, considering Nintendo made a huge loss last year and how bad the two latest, generic Mario games have sold, Nintendo need to drastically change something to survive.

That's why Miyamoto needs to quit to let the younger people at Nintendo take over.
#9tuznecotePosted 1/19/2013 3:18:56 AM
Miyamoto doesn't really need to go away. I think he is a typical genius creator who is hard to get along with and is stubborn and weird.

I like the whole "talking in riddles" thing because thats what weird, eccentric, genius creators do to inspire others rather than steer.
#10DarthFloatyPosted 1/19/2013 3:25:03 AM
SL68 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...

/Topic

No, it's about his own garden. Great.

Seriously, considering Nintendo made a huge loss last year and how bad the two latest, generic Mario games have sold, Nintendo need to drastically change something to survive.

That's why Miyamoto needs to quit to let the younger people at Nintendo take over.

Which games are you claiming sold bad? Because Nintendo has done fine with pretty much all Mario game sales as far as I know. Unless you mean Tennis: I don't know about that one.