Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#11STN79Posted 1/19/2013 3:26:32 AM
Why don't we get rid of charles martinet while were at it? He's just some old useless fart anyway right? Jeeze guys how bout a little respect for the Godfather of Nintendo? Picking on Miyamoto is like saying Walt Disney was a hack. I'd like to see you guys make some innovative and interesting games. Well get off the forums and get started. I wanna play some of your amazing games.
#12mjc0961Posted 1/19/2013 3:44:48 AM(edited)
SL68 posted...
"But there were not too many people at the time with expertise in that area, so I really had free reign to do what I wanted, so long as I didnít make Miyamoto angry."

"But even at that time, I felt like I came up with this entire scenario and a backstory for Link, but nobody really seemed to care. They were always saying, letís not try to push the story forward too much."

Way to take that quote out of context. Read the article everyone, this quote is about Link's Awakening and back when this sort of storytelling idea was completely new to video games.

Dishonest TC is dishonest.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#13DeathSoul2000Posted 1/19/2013 3:54:10 AM
STN79 posted...
Why don't we get rid of charles martinet while were at it? He's just some old useless fart anyway right? Jeeze guys how bout a little respect for the Godfather of Nintendo? Picking on Miyamoto is like saying Walt Disney was a hack. I'd like to see you guys make some innovative and interesting games. Well get off the forums and get started. I wanna play some of your amazing games.

why do people always resort to this weak argument?? "HURR DURR" if u don't maek gamez u can't b a critik." doesn't work that way. every medium has to have critics regardless of whether they actually make something in the same medium themselves, otherwise we wouldn't have anyone to tell us good products from bad products. miyamoto has been slipping as of late, why can people not accept this? PMSS is proof enough with his butting in.
#14STN79Posted 1/19/2013 4:12:01 AM
How many people in their 60's are full of fresh new ideas? He's getting old so what? No need to get out the shovel and dig his grave just yet. He'll retire when he's ready. Don't like his games anymore then play someone elses. People used to think George Lucas was a genius once too and look what happened to him. Critics are A holes and they think their opinion is the only one that matters.
#15rockyminPosted 1/19/2013 4:18:49 AM
BLASPHEMOUS HEATHENS!!! The great Miyamoto says we don't need a story so that means we don't. If you disagree with the word of our god, you will be driven out of the Church of Nintendo.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#16Elements012894Posted 1/19/2013 6:06:45 AM(edited)
SL68 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
He made Pikmin. That's not about princesses and kinghts.

/Topic

No, it's about his own garden. Great.

Seriously, considering Nintendo made a huge loss last year and how bad the two latest, generic Mario games have sold, Nintendo need to drastically change something to survive.

That's why Miyamoto needs to quit to let the younger people at Nintendo take over.

Miyamoto has nothing to do with the NSMB and they've all sold well, NSMB2 has already hit 5 million.

Also Mario sunshine, skyward sword and starfox adventures empathized stories. They weren't exactly the most liked.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#17EmeraldroxPosted 1/19/2013 6:10:14 AM
All three of those games are good though. Adventures and sunshine are my favorite games in their respective series, and Skyward Sword had potential, but personally, motion controls were the only thing wrong with it.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#18JackalPosted 1/19/2013 6:11:43 AM
He should have been put in a padded room a long time ago.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#19thundercat2600Posted 1/19/2013 6:12:53 AM
He doesn't need to go, but he needs to be put in his place. When everybody at Nintendo is designing games by deferring to what Miyamoto wants, that's really going to stifle creativity and prevent the next generation of "Miyamotos" to rise up.

What really needs to happen is for someone to tell him to back the F*** down and stop exerting his influence. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen in Japan.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#20Tortus2Posted 1/19/2013 6:19:54 AM
I heard he was stepping down and that the director of Link's Awakening is taking his place. Surr. That doesn't exactly mean he's leaving, but he his role won't be as large.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351