Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#21GloryChaosPosted 1/19/2013 7:23:01 AM
If your name isn't Aunoma or Tezuka, have fun doing what you want around Miyamoto, it seems.

thundercat2600 posted...
He doesn't need to go, but he needs to be put in his place. When everybody at Nintendo is designing games by deferring to what Miyamoto wants, that's really going to stifle creativity and prevent the next generation of "Miyamotos" to rise up.

What really needs to happen is for someone to tell him to back the F*** down and stop exerting his influence. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen in Japan.

And people call you troll? I agree with you for the most part. On one hand, it's good to have somebody around to supervise things and prevent bad decisions from being made. But what do you do when that same person starts making bad decisions himself? The sticker star prototype was "too similar to the GameCube game" but NSMB2 wasn't too similar to its previous entry?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#22DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/19/2013 8:44:10 AM
Pretense has never done a game justice.
Maybe you should stick to plaid scarves and fancy coffee.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#23trenkenPosted 1/19/2013 8:56:16 AM
Wesfanboynever posted...
I feel after "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" happened, Miyamoto has been kind of dropping the ball a bit... and it seems everyone else as well...

He doesnt really work on games anymore. He's very high up in the company and basically just oversees projects now, so when they turn out like crap it isnt all on him.

Nintendo is more concerned with just trying to bang games out rather than spending 3 years crafting something incredible. The days of them spending a fortune building games like Metroid Prime seem like they are over to me. This isnt Miyamoto's fault. The company is entirely different than they were in the 80s and 90s. Different leadership, different philosophy about videogames. Blame the suits at the top, not Miyamoto.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#24GoombaXPosted 1/19/2013 9:00:52 AM
SL68 posted...
The problem is that Miyamoto belongs to the previous generation where stories about princess and knights were still OK. Today that doesn't hold up.

your right its all about gangstas and hoes nowadays
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#25JranEQPosted 1/19/2013 9:02:24 AM
guttertalk posted...
The problem with Zelda isn't a lack of story but of what made the game great to begin with. This article is dead on:

http://tevisthompson.com/saving-zelda/

That article is exactly how I feel about Zelda games that came after A Link to the Past.
---
Final Fantasy 6 > Final Fantasy 7
PSN: JranEQ
#26Tsutarja495Posted 1/19/2013 9:16:22 AM
I don't care about story in video games, so I like that he doesn't bother with them.

But anyway, he already is about to change positions.

""I'm not saying that I'm going to retire from game development altogether. What I mean by retiring is, retiring from my current position," Miyamoto told Wired in an interview.

Miyamoto expressed an interest in returning to development, working on "smaller projects with even younger developers." The legendary designer even suggested he might work on projects entirely on his own. The ultimate result, Miyamoto noted, was not becoming entrenched in projects that would take many years to develop. The designer noted he hoped to begin starting a new project in 2012."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/08/nintendo-miyamoto-not-stepping-down
#27Elements012894Posted 1/19/2013 9:41:11 AM(edited)
trenken posted...
Wesfanboynever posted...
I feel after "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" happened, Miyamoto has been kind of dropping the ball a bit... and it seems everyone else as well...

He doesnt really work on games anymore. He's very high up in the company and basically just oversees projects now, so when they turn out like crap it isnt all on him.

Nintendo is more concerned with just trying to bang games out rather than spending 3 years crafting something incredible. The days of them spending a fortune building games like Metroid Prime seem like they are over to me. This isnt Miyamoto's fault. The company is entirely different than they were in the 80s and 90s. Different leadership, different philosophy about videogames. Blame the suits at the top, not Miyamoto.

Wha? Games in the 80's and 90's took them under a year to make. Retro studios only made 2 games on the Wii generation so thats 3 years apart. Skyward Sword took 5 years too. Where is all this information coming from?

And Nintendo still follows their one game per console generation rule as much as they did before. Even NSMBs fits that bill. In fact up until NSMBU, that series made a new game every 3 years as well.

---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#28Faceman_Posted 1/19/2013 9:44:29 AM
I'd rather Nintendo die before some dumb kids take it over and try to make it as generic as Sony or Microsoft consoles. The last thing I want is a Mario game as bad as Sonic 2006. They tried to give Sonic a story and it was horrible. I'm pretty sure playing that game gave me cancer. More kidnapped princesses I say!
#29DarkFoxVPosted 1/19/2013 9:57:03 AM
SL68 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
He made Pikmin. That's not about princesses and kinghts.

/Topic

No, it's about his own garden. Great.

Seriously, considering Nintendo made a huge loss last year and how bad the two latest, generic Mario games have sold, Nintendo need to drastically change something to survive.

That's why Miyamoto needs to quit to let the younger people at Nintendo take over.

Actually, Nintendo is doing fine as far as money goes. Just about everything they build is kept at a modest spec to turn a profit more easier. Their loss was around 850 million but is still within recovery range thanks to selling at a profit on most of their products . The problem is their reputation getting worse each gen since SNES. Which will make it very hard to sell anything if the years go on and nothing changes.
---
"Legends never die"
#30DTY3Posted 1/19/2013 9:58:08 AM
Faceman_ posted...
I'd rather Nintendo die before some dumb kids take it over and try to make it as generic as Sony or Microsoft consoles. The last thing I want is a Mario game as bad as Sonic 2006. They tried to give Sonic a story and it was horrible. I'm pretty sure playing that game gave me cancer. More kidnapped princesses I say!

ITP: Sonic 06 was the only Sonic game to have a story and the story was its main problem.

also FYI, when they first tried to give Sonic a good story (Sonic 3 and Knuckles) it turned out to be objectively the best game in the series.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.