Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#31Not_King_BooPosted 1/19/2013 9:02:30 AM
SL68 posted...
Read this:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/12/interview-super/

Okay.

So, I see some "how did you get here" stuff, something about writing the Link's Awakening backstory, something about Miyamoto focusing on gameplay more than story, how Koizuma managed to put a story into Mario Galaxy anyway, Miyamoto being vague with his guidance, and...that's it.

So, what exactly did Miyamoto do that you hate? Say that Mario games should be more about gameplay than story? Because, I'd have to say I agree.
#32LUlGIPosted 1/19/2013 9:05:02 AM
I'd rather Nintendo die before some dumb kids take it over and try to make it as generic as Sony or Microsoft consoles. The last thing I want is a Mario game as bad as Sonic 2006. They tried to give Sonic a story and it was horrible. I'm pretty sure playing that game gave me cancer. More kidnapped princesses I say!

While the story in Sonic 06 was ass, you REALLY think that's why the game is so bad??

lol
#33pikachupwnagePosted 1/19/2013 9:10:47 AM
SL68 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
He made Pikmin. That's not about princesses and kinghts.

/Topic

No, it's about his own garden. Great.

Seriously, considering Nintendo made a huge loss last year and how bad the two latest, generic Mario games have sold, Nintendo need to drastically change something to survive.

That's why Miyamoto needs to quit to let the younger people at Nintendo take over.

And the nature of this guy as a troll is revealed. Well actually his first post did because he took the article out of context to suit his own hatred of miyamoto.

New super mario bros 2 has sold very well and NSMBU has a 60% attach rate on the Wii U.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#34TMW001Posted 1/19/2013 9:12:50 AM
Wesfanboynever posted...
I feel after "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" happened, Miyamoto has been kind of dropping the ball a bit... and it seems everyone else as well...

You can't say he dropped the ball yet after one game.
#35WesfanboyneverPosted 1/19/2013 9:18:46 AM
TMW001 posted...
Wesfanboynever posted...
I feel after "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" happened, Miyamoto has been kind of dropping the ball a bit... and it seems everyone else as well...

You can't say he dropped the ball yet after one game.

What I meant by that was that everyone seems to be more hostile to him due to his interference with that game...
---
What's to say really?
#36ADHDguitarPosted 1/19/2013 9:21:36 AM
The stupid in this topic make brain go hurty.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#37gikosPosted 1/19/2013 9:38:48 AM
yet a another hate topic geez grow up
also for those who did not read here is some things about Miyamoto

YK: Probably the best example is the very inception of the idea for Galaxy. For the longest time, Miyamoto would say nothing more specific than, "Hey, can you make something with spherical worlds?" And that something had to be defined over a long period of time and eventually tuned into Super Mario Galaxy. But he kept saying that, "canít you make something out of this whole spherical worlds concept?"

Certainly, it seems like Miyamoto has a reason for this level of abstraction. I feel like heís making us work to solve these puzzles on purpose, because itís a process that unlocks the creativity on our side. So even though Miyamoto might have some unformed ideas, the very fact that he would put all these challenges in front of us makes me feel very grateful, because it helps the process.

YK: When you think about the whole "save the princess" storyline of games being one of Miyamotoís inventions, I donít think of that as a story so much as it is a goal. Itís a way of creating a situation. Thereís not necessarily a buildup and a resolution of a deeper kind, like youíd find in a novel. Itís just a situation that motivates the players. Lacking that kind of detailed nuance, that doesnít mean Iím not interested in a story at all. Itís just that as a designer, my priorities are a little different. I tend to convey emotion in slightly different ways rather than just rely on the most obvious kind of narrative that we would think of when we think of storylines.

So Miyamoto gives you the goal, and thatís what you needed in Donkey Kong to play through and accomplish it with the right sense of motivation. And itís true that Miyamoto may think of other things outside of that as perhaps extraneous. But that doesnít mean itís the wrong way to make games. Itís just two very different styles.

---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#38STN79Posted 1/19/2013 10:41:52 AM
Miyamoto probably has very little to do with the development of recent games anyway. He said a while back he was stepping down to smaller projects. Isn't that about the same as going away as you kids seem to want. Maybe when you're old and used up somebody will toss you in the gutter also. What we really need is more FPS shooters cause as we all know that's real innovation right there.
#39LUlGIPosted 1/19/2013 10:47:47 AM
Miyamoto probably has very little to do with the development of recent games anyway. He said a while back he was stepping down to smaller projects. Isn't that about the same as going away as you kids seem to want. Maybe when you're old and used up somebody will toss you in the gutter also. What we really need is more FPS shooters cause as we all know that's real innovation right there.

You seem angry as f*** bringing this topic back up out of nowhere when the argument is basically over.
#40STN79Posted 1/19/2013 10:55:12 AM
RAAAAAAAARRRAARRRRRRRGGHHH! HULK SMASH!
ah crap now i need a new keyboard!