Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#41wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 12:07:28 PM
> People saying that because Miyamoto has made great games in the past, he's infallible now
Check.

> People giving examples of bad games that happen to have stories and saying that that's the sole reason that the games are bad
Check.

I agree that Miyamoto needs to stop butting in and altering projects to fit his own personal desires. What he said to IS on the topic of Sticker Star only hampered how creative they could be in the game.

He should be put to a lower position where he can't boss people around; developers should have the right to make their own game the way they see fit.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#42STN79Posted 1/19/2013 12:35:20 PM
What exactly did he do that was so horrible to Paper mario sticker star? I haven't played the game yet but really you've got me curious. Any other examples of his influence in a recent game that made it so awful? I really wanna know so i can figure out what you guys are talking about.
#43sonic777Posted 1/19/2013 12:37:26 PM
Miyamoto is a senile old fool who wants to wave his Wii-mote around and scare small children doing it.

He should die his hair white, put on rubber gloves, and live life as a mad scientist.
#44TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 12:42:54 PM
What exactly did he do that was so horrible to Paper mario sticker star? I haven't played the game yet but really you've got me curious. Any other examples of his influence in a recent game that made it so awful? I really wanna know so i can figure out what you guys are talking about.

IS: Let's make a new Paper Mario!

Miyamoto: Okay let's see what you guys go- .....This gameplay formula is too similar to TTYD.

IS: Well, after Super Paper Mario we were hoping we would go back to our original formula.

Miyamoto: Too similar.

IS: Okay, well what about these new character ideas?

Miyamoto: Who needs new characters? I've got an idea, just use classic Mario characters!

IS: O....kay... Well then, I guess we should brainstorm on some story ideas now.

Miyamoto: Story? No. Mario doesn't need a story.

IS: So you want a completely different formula in every aspect of the series except for the paper aesthetic?

Miyamoto: Sure why not.

Okay I exaggerated but you get the point.
#45wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 12:48:45 PM
STN79 posted...

He told intelligent systems to only use characters and enemies that are from the main Mario series and not Paper Mario, and so Sticker Star lost a lot of the Paper Mario charm. He also asked a rhetorical question that basically said: "Don't bother with having anything beyond an excuse plot." That's not something you do with a series like Paper Mario. He also forced them to throw out what they were working on for a decent amount of time, and that's most likely the reason why the game feels rushed in some areas.

Some of the blame has to lie with IS, however, as they didn't use what they had available to them as well as they could have.
---
#46STN79Posted 1/19/2013 12:56:39 PM
So it's the not wanting anything to change and just sticking to tradition that's got everybody annoyed? How involved was he in Mario sunshine cause that nearly bombed and it was very different. These Jaded fans just can't make up their minds. Different = bad and old unchanged = worse.
#47excitebike64Posted 1/19/2013 1:07:34 PM
Miyamoto is doing fine. He helps balance Nintendo from running off track too soon.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't so much. It's a balancing act of old vs new, that is challenging in the game industry. But don't worry, he won't be working too many more years... I don't think.

The new school will get their way more and more. Put it another way, the old school way has always been in Japan, same characters/plot, but new game mechanics. The new school prefers same game mechanics/minor enhancements but different characters/plot.

Japan old school is to build from the ground-up. The new school way is similar to the West, and that is to make game engines and to then paint over that engine.

Looking at it this way basically means to ask the question, "What is change?"

It's not as simple as saying, old, old, old, redone. More to it.
#48TKUKGPosted 1/19/2013 1:12:53 PM
No. He shouldn't go away, all you kids should go away and take your endless FPS crap with you.
Modern gaming? See that bridge? Go jump off it.
#49wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 1:18:12 PM
STN79 posted...
So it's the not wanting anything to change and just sticking to tradition that's got everybody annoyed?

Basically, because the Paper Mario series has always been a series that breaks out of the traditions in the Mario series that have become very stagnant. We don't need the overused Grassland, Desert, Forest, Ice world, and Jungle/Volcano setup. TTYD gave us a tree with it's own ecosystem, a floating fighting arena, and a secret base on the moon.

How involved was he in Mario sunshine cause that nearly bombed and it was very different.

Being different wasn't the reason Sunshine got such a backlash, it's because it has several design choices that a lot of people didn't like.

These Jaded fans just can't make up their minds. Different = bad and old unchanged = worse.

Oh look, it's this over-generalization for the millionth time.

There has to be a balance between new and old, and Sticker Star does not have this.
---
#50TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 1:21:49 PM
No. He shouldn't go away, all you kids should go away and take your endless FPS crap with you.
Modern gaming? See that bridge? Go jump off it.

I bet you still play modern games anyway.

Keep on trying to seem like that because you enjoyed NES and SNES more, that it accomplishes anything.