Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#51Ryan SiPosted 1/19/2013 1:21:55 PM
I can respect the guy for all he has done over his long career at Nintendo, but it's time to let the younger generation with new, fresh ideas take over. You certainly don't want someone stuck in the past holding back the future growth of your products. I mean, what has the guy really done in the last 10 years.....Pikmin?
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#52AhnoldDoodPosted 1/19/2013 1:23:42 PM
I love how the, dare I say, fanboys? Yeah, them, think that Miyamoto needs to leave because Sticker Star did not come out as the perfect game the fans wanted it to be (even though those same fans would probably cry and whine no matter what happens). Hey, guess what, kiddies? Its still a good game and is on its way to outsell every other Paper Mario game.
#53Enigma149Posted 1/19/2013 1:24:52 PM
TheLetterGuy posted...
What exactly did he do that was so horrible to Paper mario sticker star? I haven't played the game yet but really you've got me curious. Any other examples of his influence in a recent game that made it so awful? I really wanna know so i can figure out what you guys are talking about.

IS: Let's make a new Paper Mario!

Miyamoto: Okay let's see what you guys go- .....This gameplay formula is too similar to TTYD.

IS: Well, after Super Paper Mario we were hoping we would go back to our original formula.

Miyamoto: Too similar.

IS: Okay, well what about these new character ideas?

Miyamoto: Who needs new characters? I've got an idea, just use classic Mario characters!

IS: O....kay... Well then, I guess we should brainstorm on some story ideas now.

Miyamoto: Story? No. Mario doesn't need a story.

IS: So you want a completely different formula in every aspect of the series except for the paper aesthetic?

Miyamoto: Sure why not.

Okay I exaggerated but you get the point.

You know that if any of those 3 things were similar to previous games in the series, they'd be accused of "rehashing".
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#54ColorfulColorsPosted 1/19/2013 1:25:17 PM
wiiking, Are you still pulling that same crap you did on the Sticker Star boards? Enough already, It tried to be different and you just couldn't accept the change.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#55TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 1:28:37 PM
You know that if any of those 3 things were similar to previous games in the series, they'd be accused of "rehashing".

Considering we haven't had a PM64/TTYD style Paper Mario game in over....8 years(?), I don't think that would be the case.
#56excitebike64Posted 1/19/2013 1:28:57 PM
Ryan Si posted...
I can respect the guy for all he has done over his long career at Nintendo, but it's time to let the younger generation with new, fresh ideas take over. You certainly don't want someone stuck in the past holding back the future growth of your products. I mean, what has the guy really done in the last 10 years.....Pikmin?

Nintendogs and WIi Fit are credited to him as well. I'm sure I'm missing something, but like them or not... they banked big on those.
#57TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 1:29:25 PM
wiiking, Are you still pulling that same crap you did on the Sticker Star boards? Enough already, It tried to be different and you just couldn't accept the change.

Someone asked about why people complained about Sticker Star, and he answered.
What's the problem?
#58wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 1:29:43 PM
ColorfulColors posted...

Because it failed at what it tried to be different with. The battle system is inherently flawed, the replay value is just terrible, and the game actually feels more stagnant than new in most areas. The battle system is mostly just a dumbed down version TTYD's, and it relies far too much on traditional Mario tropes. The game a serious identity crisis.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#59AhnoldDoodPosted 1/19/2013 1:29:44 PM
TheLetterGuy posted...

Considering we haven't had a PM64/TTYD style Paper Mario game in over....8 years(?), I don't think that would be the case.

Yes it would. Either that or there would be tens of comments saying "It doesn't have the magic! Its not the same! *insert overly nostalgic comment here*".
#60Christopher BelmontPosted 1/19/2013 1:30:34 PM
Miyamoto was dead to me when he announced the koopalings weren't Bowser's kids.
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!