Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#61AhnoldDoodPosted 1/19/2013 1:31:13 PM
Christopher Belmont posted...
Miyamoto was dead to me when he announced the koopalings weren't Bowser's kids.

Because that really makes sooo much of a difference.
#62TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 1:31:57 PM
Yes it would. Either that or there would be tens of comments saying "It doesn't have the magic! Its not the same! *insert overly nostalgic comment here*".

That wasn't the case with TTYD and PM64 though. I don't understand.
#63AhnoldDoodPosted 1/19/2013 1:33:38 PM
TheLetterGuy posted...
That wasn't the case with TTYD and PM64 though.

It prolly was. But then again, no one held PM64 in too high regards then. People today act like TTYD is a god's gift to humans, and they probably would reject any attempt of riding off that as much as they would reject any attempt of being different.
#64ColorfulColorsPosted 1/19/2013 1:33:45 PM
TheLetterGuy posted...
wiiking, Are you still pulling that same crap you did on the Sticker Star boards? Enough already, It tried to be different and you just couldn't accept the change.

Someone asked about why people complained about Sticker Star, and he answered.
What's the problem?

He and a bunch of other people were pissed off at Nintendo because Sticker Star wasn't more like TTYD. They never shut up about it. Go type TTYD at the boards and you will find about 20 pages of complaining about how this game wasn't like TTYD.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#65wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 1:34:11 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
TheLetterGuy posted...
You know that if any of those 3 things were similar to previous games in the series, they'd be accused of "rehashing".

Considering we haven't had a PM64/TTYD style Paper Mario game in over....8 years(?), I don't think that would be the case.

Yes it would. Either that or there would be tens of comments saying "It doesn't have the magic! Its not the same! *insert overly nostalgic comment here*".

Yes, there would be a handful of loud unpleasable whiners, but the amount of people happy would be much much higher.

No one called TTYD a rehash despite it's very similar gameplay to PM64, do you know why? It has all new characters, music, stories, and locations that give the game it's own identity that will be remembered. What does Sticker Star have that can possibly compare?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#66AhnoldDoodPosted 1/19/2013 1:35:54 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Yes, there would be a handful of loud unpleasable whiners, but the amount of people happy would be much much higher.

No, there would be about the same.

No one called TTYD a rehash despite it's very similar gameplay to PM64, do you know why? It has all new characters, music, stories, and locations that give the game it's own identity that will be remembered. What does Sticker Star have that can possibly compare?

All new characters, music, and locations?
#67wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 1:37:50 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
TheLetterGuy posted...
wiiking, Are you still pulling that same crap you did on the Sticker Star boards? Enough already, It tried to be different and you just couldn't accept the change.

Someone asked about why people complained about Sticker Star, and he answered.
What's the problem?

He and a bunch of other people were pissed off at Nintendo because Sticker Star wasn't more like TTYD. They never shut up about it. Go type TTYD at the boards and you will find about 20 pages of complaining about how this game wasn't like TTYD.

That's only part of the story. In reality, people don't like the game because

A) It ignored what made the previous Paper Mario games so memorable and unique and is just in general a bad sequel.
B) It doesn't accomplish what new stuff it's trying to do very well.

BTW, I'll be leaving for work in about 10 minutes, so I won't be able to respond for a while.
---
#68ColorfulColorsPosted 1/19/2013 1:38:35 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario-sticker-star?search=TTYD

Just to prove my point further.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#69wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 1:42:47 PM(edited)
AhnoldDood posted...
wiiking96 posted...

No, there would be about the same.

Please tell me how that makes any sense.

What it has can't possibly compare. The only completely new character is Kertsi, the locations are only vaguely new, but you're right with the music, at least.
---
#70TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 1:40:01 PM

Kersti is the only character I'd consider new,

Her and the Sniffit or Whiffit guy