Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#71AhnoldDoodPosted 1/19/2013 1:42:12 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Please tell me how that makes any sense.

Because the fanbase is just as bad as the Zelda fanbase. PM is LoZ1, TTYD is OoT, SPM is Wind Waker, and Sticker Star is whatever new game comes out. Admire the first, won't shut the hell up about the second, suddenly love the third when you didn't before, and hate the fourth until the next one... just exists.
#72wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 1:44:56 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
wiiking96 posted...
Please tell me how that makes any sense.

Because the fanbase is just as bad as the Zelda fanbase. PM is LoZ1, TTYD is OoT, SPM is Wind Waker, and Sticker Star is whatever new game comes out. Admire the first, won't shut the hell up about the second, suddenly love the third when you didn't before, and hate the fourth until the next one... just exists.

People that hated SPM in the past still hate in now, it's just that people are waking up to the fact that much more of the Paper Mario feel is retained. Maybe you should listen to the actual complaints about SS instead of being ignorant.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#73TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 1:45:32 PM
SPM as Wind Waker?

I don't think so amigo
#74AhnoldDoodPosted 1/19/2013 1:48:38 PM
TheLetterGuy posted...
SPM as Wind Waker?

I don't think so amigo

Wind Waker was hated at first for being different, and then, when the new Zelda came out, everybody suddenly loved it.

Same with SPM.
#75TheLetterGuyPosted 1/19/2013 1:52:00 PM
I haven't seen anyone who suddenly loved SPM just because Sticker Star came out.....

Hell Wind Waker was (wrongfully) hated on because it looked like a 9 year old's drawing, not because it completely changed the gameplay.
#76aamotPosted 1/19/2013 2:07:28 PM(edited)
Miyamoto is like the guy who made the old stone wheel, balking at the people using rubber tires on their cars.

"No, people want what we did 20 years ago. More Game&Watch! Black and white gameboy ports! Super Mario Bros Super Show revival!"
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#77wiiking96Posted 1/19/2013 7:21:16 PM
Alright, I'm back, and I want to continue this discussion.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#78McmadnessV3Posted 1/19/2013 7:40:19 PM
I don't want him to go away, but I do want him to actually physically make a game.

Dude hasn't done that in god knows how long.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#79MotiJrPosted 1/19/2013 8:11:48 PM
Gamers are nothing but hypocrites. You'll cry that Miyamoto is stuck in the past and yet I can guarantee that were he to create a new game, people would moan about how it isn't as good as previous games and how he should stick to using older franchises.

There is a reason companies don't listen to gamers and that's because you're all full of crap and constantly change your minds like menstruating women.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#80Elements012894Posted 1/19/2013 9:16:52 PM
wiiking96 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
TheLetterGuy posted...
You know that if any of those 3 things were similar to previous games in the series, they'd be accused of "rehashing".

Considering we haven't had a PM64/TTYD style Paper Mario game in over....8 years(?), I don't think that would be the case.

Yes it would. Either that or there would be tens of comments saying "It doesn't have the magic! Its not the same! *insert overly nostalgic comment here*".

Yes, there would be a handful of loud unpleasable whiners, but the amount of people happy would be much much higher.

No one called TTYD a rehash despite it's very similar gameplay to PM64, do you know why? It has all new characters, music, stories, and locations that give the game it's own identity that will be remembered. What does Sticker Star have that can possibly compare?

Because RPGs get a free pass when it comes to sequels. As long as it acts an extension to the first game people don't care. When you change it that's when people get mad.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.