Miyamoto needs to go away. NOW.

#91AceMosPosted 1/19/2013 9:55:55 PM
wiiking96 posted...
AceMos posted...
wiiking96 posted...
AceMos posted...
no they used club nintendo u cant take the super paper mario survey with out registering a copy of super paper mario

I said that they wouldn't know for sure if the people they're surveying are Paper Mario fans.

so almost all super paper mario sales were done by ppl who didnt like the series?

How is this relevant?

club nintendo wouldnt let you take the survey with out registering a copy of super paper mario

when that game first came out the fans raged

those fans raging took the survey while they were upset that is the data nintendo got from club nintendo
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#92Reflex-ArcPosted 1/19/2013 10:17:36 PM
I actually like the fact that Miyamoto builds a game on a premise rather than a deep narrative. It leaves more to thi imagination. Don't get me wrong, I love a game with an epic story, but I also don't need everything spelled out for me all the time. Sometimes, I want to play a well crafted game that's not plot heavy. Sometimes I just want to play a game that's fun to pick up and play.

Miyamoto does that type of game very well.
#93Mirror_AuraPosted 1/19/2013 10:32:47 PM
I actually like the fact that Miyamoto builds a game on a premise rather than a deep narrative.

Of course. Any reasonable person would prefer a premise to a narrative... especially a deep narrative.

The vocal minority on GameFAQs who actually like video games narratives are just silly. Trust me, they are NOT the majority in the real world. :/

In any case, I don't think Miyamoto has proven himself to be a good game designer. Not because of the story thing, but because most games he's been involved with were not great.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#94Reflex-ArcPosted 1/19/2013 10:36:58 PM
Mirror_Aura posted...
In any case, I don't think Miyamoto has proven himself to be a good game designer. Not because of the story thing, but because most games he's been involved with were not great.

*shug*

I disagree, but that's okay. I've always enjoyed his games for their fun and simplicity.
#95Newbie00Posted 1/19/2013 11:04:23 PM
I've been saying this for a very long time now. In fact, it's been too long. I've long advocated the departure of Nintendo's frail leadership in favour of a refreshed and "in the know" team.

Miyamoto fell off his rocker sometime during the gamecube era.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#96RetroFanGirlPosted 1/20/2013 1:49:15 AM
Stories in games suck most of the time, so I agree with him. Not worth an extra 5 sec loading time when I skip the needless cut scene.
---
Hi.
#97Newbie00Posted 1/20/2013 2:27:01 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
I love how the, dare I say, fanboys? Yeah, them, think that Miyamoto needs to leave because Sticker Star did not come out as the perfect game the fans wanted it to be (even though those same fans would probably cry and whine no matter what happens). Hey, guess what, kiddies? Its still a good game and is on its way to outsell every other Paper Mario game.

1) sales don't matter in terms of the game's quality

2) sticker star is simply one of a series of games botched at the hands of miyamoto. This isn't a one time anomaly that you're antagonized "fanboys" are capitalizing on, it's a compendium of disappointments and retroactive policies that have sparked the most recent backlash.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#98IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/20/2013 2:34:15 AM
WTF is AceMos talking about? She is one of the most incoherent posters on this site. I think she is a drunk poster.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#99wiiking96Posted 1/20/2013 7:36:27 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
Stories in games suck most of the time, so I agree with him. Not worth an extra 5 sec loading time when I skip the needless cut scene.

Wow, you sure seem like an open minded poster <_<
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#100The_Shadow_LinkPosted 1/20/2013 9:12:34 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
SL68 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
He made Pikmin. That's not about princesses and kinghts.

/Topic

No, it's about his own garden. Great.

Seriously, considering Nintendo made a huge loss last year and how bad the two latest, generic Mario games have sold, Nintendo need to drastically change something to survive.

That's why Miyamoto needs to quit to let the younger people at Nintendo take over.

And the nature of this guy as a troll is revealed. Well actually his first post did because he took the article out of context to suit his own hatred of miyamoto.

New super mario bros 2 has sold very well and NSMBU has a 60% attach rate on the Wii U.

I want to go back to this because it's a fun way of showing how statistics can be misleading. Whilst those facts about the Attach Rate and such are true. It still doesn't tell you how much less NSMB2 and NSMBU have sold in the same time-frame as NSMBWii did. This is more definitive with NSMB2 has been out for about Half a Year now and has sold roughly about, 4-5 Million. Not bad, many games would want that sale that's for sure. But Compare it to the 10 Million sales NSMB Wii made in 8 Weeks And you can clearly see that there is a major drop in interest. And NSMBU, in the same time frame has just barely sold 10% of that figure.

Now some of you will cry that "There are less consoles out there so less people would have bought it.", it's hard to buy that when Mario itself is considered a System Selling game. Many people brought a Wii just for New Super Mario Bros Wii (Really noticable with the sudden 10 Million Wii Sales over that Christmas Period when the game was released, sure it alone didn't make all of those 10 million sales, but it certainately helped.) and that's probably the only game they ever brought for it. Many casual people just buy the console for one game, be that Wii Sports or NSMB. And likewise it's the same case for these games. The huge drop between NSMB Wii and NSMB2 sales should be a concern for alarm. Possibly that having Miyamoto allow these games to get churned out per console is not a good idea.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~