What Nintendo should have done...

#1Dirk85UKPosted 1/19/2013 5:19:29 AM
Instead of the Wii U gamepad, they should have just created an even more advanced version of the Wiimote motion+ controller. Have new games play like skyward swords motion controls, which felt great, and instead of spending resources on the Wii U gamepad (which is expensive). They could have put that money into making a more powerful console and still sell it for a reasonable price.

I think when Nintendo created the Wii U gamepad they were just doing it for the sake of something new and for the sake of trying to be "innovative".

Anyone agree?
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | XFX 650W | Intel 330 SSD | Dell U2711 | Creative X-Fi Gamer | Samsung Blu-Ray | Windows 7
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 1/19/2013 5:20:16 AM
no
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#3sonicsonicPosted 1/19/2013 5:31:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4tuznecotePosted 1/19/2013 5:50:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5sonicsonicPosted 1/19/2013 5:57:19 AM
tuznecote posted...
"The battery life is too short" ... Plug it in.

Basically plug it in every 2.5hours yeah? Great... can't wait for Zelda to come out and play it in 2hour sets. Listen. I don't have this issue because I live next to my PC and plugs so its on a constant charge but this is a dreadful miscalculation of design. The FEW times I have had this pad out of charge I was astonished with the speed of its battery.

"It's too heavy" ... Grow a pair.

Whilst a lame moan it really does come into practice when you are playing games like Ninja Gaiden3 which is super fast and really test your control skills. Sadly the pad becomes a big brick in your hand when tense situations come about. (also its made me realise how changing you weapons via screen isn't the greatest thing on earth.

"It only has crappy one touch" 3 years prior "I hate motion controls Nintendo should focus more on making a standard controller" Nintendo- "We made an standard controller, but it also has a touch screen" Trollqueers "Nooooooooooo"

Don't have a problem. With this.

"It's too big" .... That's what she said.

It is.

I can understand what you mean about games like Ninja Gaiden. Unfortunately I've only had the opportunity to play Mario and NintendoLand. But now that you mentioned it. Changing weapon wouldn't be quite as ideal.

...However... for the battery life. You just gotta plug it in and carry on playing. This shouldn't be a problem for a home console. 1st world, 1st party dilemma... y'know?

Not aiming this at anyone, but the gamepad has about 2.5- 3 hours charged battery. Doesn't the Vita come in at about the same ? I remember being annoyed when I found out the 3DS was about 4 hours.
#6PAAGGpewpewPosted 1/19/2013 5:59:36 AM
ewwww, goodness gracious f*** no!

no more goddamned awful motion controls. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
#7KouramaPosted 1/19/2013 6:44:50 AM
tuznecote posted...
"The battery life is too short" ... Plug it in.

Basically plug it in every 2.5hours yeah? Great... can't wait for Zelda to come out and play it in 2hour sets. Listen. I don't have this issue because I live next to my PC and plugs so its on a constant charge but this is a dreadful miscalculation of design. The FEW times I have had this pad out of charge I was astonished with the speed of its battery.

"It's too heavy" ... Grow a pair.

Whilst a lame moan it really does come into practice when you are playing games like Ninja Gaiden3 which is super fast and really test your control skills. Sadly the pad becomes a big brick in your hand when tense situations come about. (also its made me realise how changing you weapons via screen isn't the greatest thing on earth.

"It only has crappy one touch" 3 years prior "I hate motion controls Nintendo should focus more on making a standard controller" Nintendo- "We made an standard controller, but it also has a touch screen" Trollqueers "Nooooooooooo"

Don't have a problem. With this.

"It's too big" .... That's what she said.

It is.

You do know you can change weapons and ninpo in NG3 by just using the directional pad right?