Game Informer says 5 out of 7 games look and play worse on Wii U

#31_Sovereign_Posted 1/19/2013 3:09:05 PM
I know Batman plays as well as the PS3 version ( own both), and pretty sure any "shortcomings" GI noticed, were from the U3E shortcomings.

That and Darksiders are the only games on that list I own but GI is usually biased on Nintendo, unless it's Mario or Zelda
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#32DTY3Posted 1/19/2013 3:39:49 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm pretty sure TTT2 plays worse, I guess the new content was worth more then the technical issues though.

Where did you get that from.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#33Elements012894Posted 1/19/2013 4:10:11 PM
Crimson681 posted...
I don't even consider Wii-U next gen. I see it as Nintendo failing to keep up with the current gen. Most of the hardcore gamers want their stuff running 60FPS, and if Sony and Microsoft can give them than when Wii-U runs the same game at 25-30, its going to be an open and shut deal for Nintendo. Why is anyone in their right mind going to buy a "new" system that is only equal or worse to their competitors current systems?

Its not the end of the world for Nintendo, at the very worst, Wii-U will flop, and NIntendo will /ragequit from the console market like Sega did. You'll still be able to get those Mario and Zelda games on Sony or Microsoft's system. So you Nintendo fanboys shouldn't fret. The Nintendo flagship titles will continue on whether they continue in the console market or not.

Sorry to be the bringer of reality here.

Makes me wonder how the GC failed and the DS, Wii and 3ds succeded.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#34SagadegoPosted 1/19/2013 4:23:07 PM
DTY3 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm pretty sure TTT2 plays worse, I guess the new content was worth more then the technical issues though.

Where did you get that from.

it's demon the sonyfanboy he doesn't own one.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#35Virus66Posted 1/19/2013 4:26:56 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
Tekken TT2 - missing a few particle effects

I would like to point out that the one instance that people bring up is the snow level. The developers had said that it was a requested feature to remove a lot of the particle effects because it made it difficult for pro players to see spacing or some bs. Just saying that's one of the reasons that was given.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#36Nok_Su_KowPosted 1/19/2013 4:39:25 PM
nickvd8 posted...
They forgot NG3 which is way better on Wii U.

Only because they cut content in the original.

Razor's Edge is just the backlog of content they always hold out on tacked onto the worst numerical 3D NG game with some things fixed and some things taken away.
#37NewbiusPosted 1/19/2013 4:44:24 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

So you don't have a clue if it plays better or worse because you never tried it for yourself? Wow, can you fail harder next time?
#38MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/19/2013 4:45:39 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
Blops 2 - slower frame rate in single player only
Mass Effect 3 - improved frame rate over the PS3 version
Batman AC: AE - framerate is unlocked so its as high as 40 and low as 22
Tekken TT2 - missing a few particle effects
Assassin's Creed 3 - nothing
NBA 2K13 - missing the clothing physics
Madden 13 - missing the physics engine
Darksiders 2 - missing a few bushes and trees and load times is a little longer

That sounds so next gen to me!!
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#39ColorBlindMagePosted 1/19/2013 4:56:23 PM
I played Blops 2 and think it plays better on Wii U than PS3.
---
http://backloggery.com/legendaryhero99
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#40Nok_Su_KowPosted 1/19/2013 5:31:55 PM
ColorBlindMage posted...
I played Blops 2 and think it plays better on Wii U than PS3.

Because the WiiU version was based exactly on the 360 version.