Wii U vs. Super GameCube

#31str8KnowledgePosted 1/20/2013 12:39:44 AM
Gamecube sucked. Super N64 please!
#323D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:22:53 PM
^Well it'd be the Ultra N64...
#33darknight06Posted 1/21/2013 9:53:09 AM
Amazes me that somehow the Gamecube is like the holy grail of Nintendo to a lot of forum dwellers, when it was these same guys that at one point was calling it every homosexual name in existence.

Whether you guys like it or not, the WiiU IS the Super Gamecube. Gamecube was also modest in tech. It had the least amount of working RAM which gave some ports trouble, and while it was capable of unique effects, it also had a rather severe color output issue which resulted in a lot of games being dithered to hell and back.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#34SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/21/2013 9:55:08 AM
3D_Shado posted...
^Well it'd be the Ultra N64...

More proof you know NOTHING.

That was the name of the N64 before they dropped the "Ultra" part.
#35DifferentialEquationPosted 1/21/2013 9:55:45 AM
darknight06 posted...
Gamecube was also modest in tech. It had the least amount of working RAM which gave some ports trouble, and while it was capable of unique effects, it also had a rather severe color output issue which resulted in a lot of games being dithered to hell and back.

But it still was appropriate for its gen. It is typically considered in between the PS2 and Xbox in terms of power.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#36plasmatic5Posted 1/21/2013 10:42:06 AM
darknight06 posted...
Amazes me that somehow the Gamecube is like the holy grail of Nintendo to a lot of forum dwellers, when it was these same guys that at one point was calling it every homosexual name in existence.

Whether you guys like it or not, the WiiU IS the Super Gamecube. Gamecube was also modest in tech. It had the least amount of working RAM which gave some ports trouble, and while it was capable of unique effects, it also had a rather severe color output issue which resulted in a lot of games being dithered to hell and back.

I'm pretty sure Gamecube was actually the most powerful system of that generation despite using mini DVD's instead of the real thing. The PS2 was actually the least powerful and sold the most (cheap DVD player!!!...and some good games). Perfect example of how power doesn't always sell.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#37trenkenPosted 1/21/2013 10:44:20 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
3D_Shado posted...
The Super GameCube has PS4-tier graphics

What exactly do PS4-tier graphics look like?

Go buy a modern gaming PC. Quite a bit beyond what the U will ever be able to do. We already know the hardware inside the U now. It is NOT whats in gaming PCs these days.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#38brokenedge32Posted 1/21/2013 10:46:48 AM
i never heard of this Super Gamecube? What is this? and how can i get one?
---
Currently playing:Batman AC Armored Edition, and Black Ops2(WiiU). http://www.playfire.com/brokenedge32
Nintendo ID: brokenedge34, PSN: brokenedge32
#39NyyarkPosted 1/21/2013 10:47:24 AM
Wii U, I enjoy being able to play games with my family.
#40trenkenPosted 1/21/2013 10:47:37 AM
lightningbugx posted...
PS4-Tier graphics? Ok, let me compare my Wii U to my sister's budget grade PC which has the exact same hardware of the rumored PS4. The Wii U is far superior.

Lulz.... rumored. Those rumors change everyday, and Im pretty damn sure the PS4 is NOT going to have crappy budget PC hardware in it. It will be much closer to what gaming PCs are doing these days.

The U looks to be just about as powerful as the PS3. So you actually believe the PS3 wont be stronger than the PS3, with its 7 year old hardware? Lol... this board is funny and absolutely delusional about what they spent their $300 on.

I bought a U too, and I have a gaming PC. Um, they dont come close to comparing. I didnt buy the U expecting amazing modern visuals. I bought it because I like Nintendo games. If I wanted a powerhouse console I would just wait around for the PS4, but I already have a gaming PC.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero