What if Miyamoto went indie?

#1HerPandaPosted 1/19/2013 2:02:43 PM
After he's retired and all? He's stated its something he might do (make small scale games on his own), and while it might not be a big 3D game with high production values, I have no doubt that the game would at least be interesting, fresh, and fun. It'd be nice to see some new "classics" and legends, genre defining/redefining stuff if you will.

It'd be pretty cool I think. I look forward to seeing any of his indie stuff on HIB, and being able to gift that key for once because I'd already own it!
#2dudultimatenessPosted 1/19/2013 2:07:05 PM
It's not like he's making games with high production values anyway. First party Nintendo games usually don't go that route.
---
"Don't focus on da finger or you'll miss all dat heavenry grory"
#3ShadowSkill11Posted 1/19/2013 2:18:57 PM
He's old as crap. He needs to retire.
#4RomanBlade00Posted 1/19/2013 2:19:36 PM
He should go indie and then get snatched up by Sony! Miyamoto games for PS4, baby!
---
PSN: romanblade86
#5ShadowSkill11Posted 1/19/2013 4:04:58 PM
RomanBlade00 posted...
He should go indie and then get snatched up by Sony! Miyamoto games for PS4, baby!

No thanks. I haven't been interested in his games for 15 years. Why would they suddenly be more awesome running on decent hardware?
#6excitebike64Posted 1/19/2013 4:07:55 PM
Nintendo would try to buy the rights to every game with even more money than he already has. lol
#7Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/19/2013 4:12:18 PM
Indie Miyamoto games? That might be interesting. I wonder if Nintendo would let him use their characters if he wanted free of royalties in honor of his time with Nintendo?
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#8excitebike64Posted 1/19/2013 4:39:31 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Indie Miyamoto games? That might be interesting. I wonder if Nintendo would let him use their characters if he wanted free of royalties in honor of his time with Nintendo?

No way. May be why he stays with Nintendo. I've wondered that.

Heck, I think they made that Dinosaur Planet game from Rare a Starfox game just so they could keep the rights to it... knowing Rare was to leave soon.