just played my Nintendo wii in over 3 years

#1marioparty17Posted 1/19/2013 5:14:24 PM
The first thing i played was one of my wii ware games, pokemon ranch(remember that game) and when i booted it up the lady in game told me it was 3 years since i played.

dam i feel old.

i found my wii , with a couple older systems in my basment after the move.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#2sentoworfPosted 1/19/2013 5:16:26 PM
I started using it again when Xenoblade came out
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#3Crimson681Posted 1/19/2013 5:19:16 PM(edited)
You're not the only one. Everyone I know personally who owns a Wii, has it collecting dust somewhere. They had a nice gimmick with the Wii-mote that got a ton of casuals and others who aren't typically gamers to buy it just because it was something new.

Nothing is new with the Wii-U, the remote is clumsy, it has low battery life, the screen can be broken easily by a kid, and its hardware is barely up to PS3/360, and it costs more, and lacks game variety other than multiplatform shovel ware much of which are already old games on the other systems, which also run better and are cheaper on PS3/360. So nothing is really new, if you're thinking about buying a Wii-U, don't.
#4Beatperson14Posted 1/19/2013 5:43:06 PM
It's been at least three since I've seen mine on

Been thinking of starting Brawl over since it's the only game I really miss at all. Then I just play Melee and say screw it.
#5EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/19/2013 5:53:22 PM
Crimson681 posted...
You're not the only one. Everyone I know personally who owns a Wii, has it collecting dust somewhere. They had a nice gimmick with the Wii-mote that got a ton of casuals and others who aren't typically gamers to buy it just because it was something new.

Nothing is new with the Wii-U, the remote is clumsy, it has low battery life, the screen can be broken easily by a kid, and its hardware is barely up to PS3/360, and it costs more, and lacks game variety other than multiplatform shovel ware much of which are already old games on the other systems, which also run better and are cheaper on PS3/360. So nothing is really new, if you're thinking about buying a Wii-U, don't.

Of course all of this is from experience. =)
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2
#6OldDirtyCRPosted 1/19/2013 5:58:22 PM
Last game I played was Zelda: Skyward Sword

Have there been any AAA exclusives released since then really?

The games that I played on the WIi were (I may be forgetting one or two)

Mario Galaxy 1/2
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Monster hunter Tri
Xenoblade Chronicles
NSMB Wii
Paper Mario

Looking back I was relatively disappointed. Don't get me wrong, those Wii games I played were all great, but the number of exclusive must haves is fairly low compared to the other two consoles. I feel like the Wii had a fine start, great middle, and then puttered out towards the end.

Wii U seems to be having a rocky start (due to lack of games). I'm holding out till MH3U comes out.
#7fueled-systemPosted 1/19/2013 6:04:39 PM
Yeah overall the wii was lackluster for me. I bought the system at launch and have maybe 12 games total that I bought.

At least Xenoblade came out which is one of my favorite games
#8_Sovereign_Posted 1/19/2013 10:08:42 PM
Crimson681 posted...

My 360, PS3, Wii, PC, WiiU, and 3DS ( while charging) are all collecting dust right now....what's your point?
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#9P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/19/2013 10:11:04 PM
I played a PS3 for the first time in six years.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#10Crimson681Posted 1/20/2013 5:34:58 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
Crimson681 posted...

My 360, PS3, Wii, PC, WiiU, and 3DS ( while charging) are all collecting dust right now....what's your point?

Non-gamers bought the Wii, played it for a little bit and then haven't touched it in months/years. Unfortunately for Nintendo, the Wii-U isn't interesting or innovative enough to attract that same group into buying the Wii-U. I think the sales numbers show that.

I'm a marketing consultant so I know a little bit about this stuff.