Surely Nintendo has more ideas up their sleeves other than Mario and Zelda.

#31Baha05Posted 1/19/2013 8:06:05 PM
sonic777 posted...
See, TC, most people swear they buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. A quick look at the sales suggests this is incorrect.

They buy it JUST for the 30th installment of Mario and Zelda.

When people say they buy Nintendo consolesfor first party games they do mean themselves, no everyone.

Though exaggerated number for Zelda and Mario. That would be more for Megaman.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#32MotiJrPosted 1/19/2013 8:07:56 PM
How dare Nintendo use successful franchises and characters that they developed, to make money. Just because Sony doesn't have memorable franchises, Nintendo should be handicapped by only being able to use new ips.

So many excellent business minds here, why have governments not employed you to improve the economy is beyond me.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#33FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/19/2013 8:32:16 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Nintendo doesn't make anything new because their fans are content with rehashes.

thats not limited to nintendo fans i mean look at the huge out cry from DMC fans over the latest game. Gamers want change but usually when game companies give change the fans get angry cause its not like previous entries in said series. To answer the topic whenever nintendo shows anything thats not mario, zelda, metroid or smash fans get angry cause its not those game series look at the outcry over E3 2012 fans where angry that we didnt get smash bros news or a trailer for a new zelda.

That's because DmC was outsourced and stripped the series of its mechanics and difficultly. Also Dante.

No one complained about Metroid Prime, which was a big change from the 2D iterations. Change is fine as long as it doesn't suck.

Kid Icarus is the only recent revived IP and that was most likely pushed by Sakurai. Where are the rest? Why can't Nintendo do that for other franchises?

No one complained about metroid prime cause while it was now in 3D is still felt like a metroid game where as some of nintendo's older IPs from the NES era wouldnt work really well today. Kid Icarus was a huge risk on nintendo's end and had it bombed i think it would have scared nintendo away from trying to revive older franchises but like i said i dont see something like Ice climbers working out well in todays gaming world.

Though i will say this i really want nintendo to make a battalion wars 3 :)
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#34Elements012894Posted 1/19/2013 9:31:45 PM
Marcster1994 posted...
Come on, I mean seriously, Do they listen to the people complaining about lack of new original IPs at all? Even Miyamoto said he had ideas. Why not use them? Why not "innovate" and shw the world your creations?

Mario galaxy, skyward sword, Mario sunshine, starfox adventures and Mario 64 could've all been reskined as entirely different games and people would consider them new IPS. The fact of the matter is they don't need them. Nintendo set up their franchises in a way where people are willing to accept and in fact encourage new art styles and gameplay mechanics in their sequels so new IPs become redundant.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#35_Sovereign_Posted 1/19/2013 11:21:06 PM
Marcster1994 posted...
squatch22 posted...
This again???
Has the huge list of IPs made since 2001 not been posted enough?

Stuff like Steel Driver doesn't count.

I'm talking stuff like, Pikmin. A new face for Nintendo. a new character.

Miyamoto talked about a game about a character that liked to swim. I want to see that game.

They've had a ton of new IPs. Just because they don't interest you doesn't mean your topic is valid. Nintendo puts out more quality 1st party games per year than Sony or MS, but because they don't involve blood and guns, the masses overlook them intentionally.

We can use 3rd party games as proof :
Rayman Origins sold horribly against MW3 was it? It was even on more systems.
Now, wait until Rayman Legends or Sly 4 releases and compare them to whatever shooter released near them.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.