Nintendo's the only one who can make a good game on their console 3rd party bad?

#1knightimexPosted 1/19/2013 10:33:23 PM
Most nintendo games on their own console usually ends up being unmatched by many 3rd party games.

Does this mean that Nintendo is on a whole new level of skill that everyone else sucks at?
Proof is in the games.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#2MarioMan847Posted 1/19/2013 10:40:50 PM
Nintendo's been doing this for over 30 years, they're more than pro with this gaming crap.
---
Video games are awesome.
#3tuznecotePosted 1/19/2013 10:42:35 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Nintendo's been doing this for over 30 years, they're more than pro with this gaming crap.
#4TheBonfiniPosted 1/19/2013 10:43:11 PM
knightimex posted...
Most nintendo games on their own console usually ends up being unmatched by many 3rd party games.

Does this mean that Nintendo is on a whole new level of skill that everyone else sucks at?
Proof is in the games.

They know the intricate inner workings of the system from the onset and have a vested interest in its success. Just like Naught Dog and Santa Monica on Sony. Just seem to be able to squeeze more out of the systems earlier.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#5hellbringherPosted 1/19/2013 10:45:14 PM
Caveman topic
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:17:47 AM
hellbringher posted...
Caveman topic

said the wii u hater
---
Old School Games FTW!
#7Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 2:19:49 AM
I think it really depends on the developer. Obviously they beat out the Shovelware devs but if more of the big names tried 3rd party game can easily trump 1st party titles.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#8kdognumba1Posted 1/20/2013 2:24:19 AM
Depends on the developer and the publisher. Ultimately, a great team can make great games if given the ability to but if they have a bad publisher blocking their every move, their game won't be good. This applies to all games on all systems, the problem is that while some development studios may want to make a game on the Wii, the higher ups and publishers may not want them to, may want the B team to develop on it, or may block most of their actions.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#9MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/20/2013 4:04:33 AM
No TC, they're not all bad ass at making games. Most people here grew up with Nintendo and haven't taken the "Nostalgia Goggles" off. A whole lot of people bought a Wii U and the 2D side scrolling Mario game. Why? Because it offered something new? No. There was nothing that interesting in it. It was just the same old grab a mushroom and get big or get a star and run through turtles and goombas crap. If you call that amazing then your standards are REALLY low.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#10melbye80Posted 1/20/2013 4:13:49 AM
3rd parties don't try to make good games