Why do people want this system to fail so bad?

#101icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 6:37:24 PM
SerOnionKnight posted...
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
SerOnionKnight posted...
Do you even own a Wii U?

Why would I have you seen the list of short comings on it, I'm not spending 300 bucks on that, especially with next to no games that I can't get cheaper/better version on my ps3.

Didn't you just say you don't care about visuals since the Wii u is better

He cant keep his trolling straight when he has to juggle it in every thread on the wii u board.

Exactly
#102DeathSnipe777Posted 1/20/2013 6:37:50 PM
The problem is that you can't tell people with legitimate complaints from the people who are just trying to rile others up, therefore you have a board full of fanboys flooding topics with the word "troll" anytime someone says they aren't 100% perfectly happy with their WiiU and wish they could it in the ass from Iwata.

No one really wants the console to fail. To do so would just be idiotic. Wishing for Nintendo to do things better is more like it.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#103DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 6:52:16 PM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
Don't know who squatch is but I'm guessing he is smarter then you . So ps3 has inferior visuals and now graphics don't matter

Yep you're squatch not even other trolls compliment him.

Inferior gpu, on cpu heavy games (and by cpu heavy I mean anything that isn't psn skew or sidescroller) the superior gpu becomes useless because they have to offset as much of the cpu processes as possible on the gpu just to make it playable.

icarus231 posted...
But you will get a 500 ps4 with very few games when It comes out

Doubt it, for one it'd be 400 not 500, second I have a backlog of over 100 hundred games between my ps3/vita. There's no reason to rush out and buy a new console, if it has BC for all the games I have on my ps3 I might consider it, especially if I get free (free with subscription) ps4 games via psn+. I didn't get my ps3 until 2009 and my ps3 still has alot of life left in it (unlike anyones wii)

Also we have no idea how many games will come out on it at launch.

SerOnionKnight posted...
It must make you feel so big to try and crap on things other people like. I wouldnt expect someone like you to understand the enjoyment people get from Nintendos consoles and games. Not sure why you continue to try and claw and poke at people who do. Every post I see from you makes you look so petty and spiteful. I am so sorry for you.

I like shattering peoples delusions and putting trolls in their place. I have no quarrel with people who know the systems faults and still have chosen to purchase and are enjoying it (I haven't exactly come across many of those either though)
#104DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 6:43:24 PM(edited)
DeathSnipe777 posted...
The problem is that you can't tell people with legitimate complaints from the people who are just trying to rile others up, therefore you have a board full of fanboys flooding topics with the word "troll" anytime someone says they aren't 100% perfectly happy with their WiiU and wish they could it in the ass from Iwata.

No one really wants the console to fail. To do so would just be idiotic. Wishing for Nintendo to do things better is more like it.

But in order for them to do things better wiiU has to fail. Or rather in order for them to bother trying to do things better wiiU has to fail. But you are quite correct in wishing for Nintendo do things better is more accurate, the wanting wiiU to fail is just a bi-product of that desire, atleast for me.
#105icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 6:46:58 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
Don't know who squatch is but I'm guessing he is smarter then you . So ps3 has inferior visuals and now graphics don't matter

Yep you're squatch not even other trolls compliment him.

Inferior gpu, on cpu heavy games the superior gpu becomes useless because they have to offset as much of the gpu as possible on the cpu just to make it playable.

icarus231 posted...
But you will get a 500 ps4 with very few games when It comes out

Doubt it, for one it'd be 400 not 500, second I have a backlog of over 100 hundred games between my ps3/vita. There's no reason to rush out and buy a new console, if it has BC for all the games I have on my ps3 I might consider it, especially if I get free (free with subscription) ps4 games via psn+. I didn't get my ps3 until 2009 and my ps3 still has alot of life left in it (unlike anyones wii)

Also we have no idea how many games will come out on it at launch.

SerOnionKnight posted...
It must make you feel so big to try and crap on things other people like. I wouldnt expect someone like you to understand the enjoyment people get from Nintendos consoles and games. Not sure why you continue to try and claw and poke at people who do. Every post I see from you makes you look so petty and spiteful. I am so sorry for you.

I like shattering peoples delusions and putting trolls in their place. I have no quarrel with people who know the systems faults and still have chosen to purchase and are enjoying it (I haven't exactly come across many of those either though)

I will laugh when its not backwards compatible and you can buy used games . Still not squatch though.
#106DeathSnipe777Posted 1/20/2013 6:48:14 PM(edited)
DeathSnipe777 posted...

But in order for them to do things better wiiU has to fail. Or rather in order for them to bother trying to do things better wiiU has to fail. But you are quite correct in wishing for Nintendo do things better is more accurate, the wanting wiiU to fail is just a bi-product of that desire, atleast for me.

The problem is that the WiiU probably won't fail. The system can stay afloat on first party titles alone.

It may fail in comparison to the Wii, but it won't fail as a system overall. But only time will tell.

I can admire Nintendo for trying to keep things fresh or different, but that shouldn't involve gimping other parts of the core experience (such as the relatively "low" power of the WiiU).

By the time the WiiU launched, they should've had a core online system going on akin to PSN, as well as a console that was, at least, 5 times more powerful than the PS3/360, which is 6 year old hardware. But instead we're treated to what seems like a rushed system with a botched OS and semi-complete online system.
---
#107DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 6:51:18 PM(edited)
DeathSnipe777 posted...
The problem is that the WiiU probably won't fail. The system can stay afloat on first party titles alone.

It may fail in comparison to the Wii, but it won't fail as a system overall. But only time will tell.

I can admire Nintendo for trying to keep things fresh or different, but that shouldn't involve gimping other parts of the core experience (such as the relatively "low" power of the WiiU).

By the time the WiiU launched, they should've had a core online system going on akin to PSN, as well as a console that was, at least, 5 times more powerful than the PS3/360, which is 6 year old hardware. But instead we're treated to what seems like a rushed system with a botched OS and semi-complete online system.

Staying afloat on first party titles alone is what gamecube did, and I think if wiiU is at gamecube levels it will be enough of a "failure" to make them try, but yeah it's not like the wiiU is going to get discontinued or anything. Even if they lose money on it.
#108DeathSnipe777Posted 1/20/2013 6:56:16 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...

Staying afloat on first party titles alone is what gamecube did, and I think if wiiU is at gamecube levels it will be enough of a "failure" to make them try, but yeah it's not like the wiiU is going to get discontinued or anything. Even if they lose money on it.

tbh I think Nintendo could outright destroy the other systems if it just went with what we call a "traditional" console feel, which is a regular controller, raw power and coherent online. Since it's the only console with Nintendo games and, in a perfect world, every third party game that the competition has, there would be little to no reason to have any of the other consoles aside from brand loyalty.

But I guess if things went that route Nintendo would be pretty boring.
---
#109DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 7:11:15 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
tbh I think Nintendo could outright destroy the other systems if it just went with what we call a "traditional" console feel, which is a regular controller, raw power and coherent online. Since it's the only console with Nintendo games and, in a perfect world, every third party game that the competition has, there would be little to no reason to have any of the other consoles aside from brand loyalty.

Sony has some really good first party games now arguably even better then the Nintendo ones, but they don't have the brand loyalty Nintendo has, so you are probably right. But people buy ps3 just for exclusives right now so in the long term ps4 would probably put up a fight.
#110DeathSnipe777Posted 1/20/2013 7:15:46 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...

Sony has some really good first party games now arguably even better then the Nintendo ones, but they don't have the brand loyalty Nintendo has, so you are probably right. But people buy ps3 just for exclusives right now so in the long term ps4 would probably put up a fight.

Indeed, I completely forgot about exclusives in my post. PS3 has some really great RPGs that WiiU and future Nintendo console will probably never get, unfortunately. However, Xbox will never get them either. Though it does feel nice having a PS3 as an RPG machine.

LBP is a pretty good platformer. If Nintendo could combine Mario with all the features LBP has it would be unstoppable. Including a customizable Mario. Especially that. It would mess up power-ups, but I don't care.
---