Why do people want this system to fail so bad?

#31Lemmywinks13Posted 1/20/2013 2:58:22 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Ignoring the obvious trolls like Icecream, Kirby and DemonDog (which I feel all are simply trying to rile people up), I dont think anyone here has claimed that they want the system to fail. However, the Nintendo fans take any criticism towards the system as 'trolling' or as wanting the system to fail. Talking about things Nintendo has blatantly done wrong is not wanting the system to fail. There's no denying the fact Nintendo has handled this system poorly, and that sales are tanking. Unless Nintendo pulls out some serious punches, and soon, the system is going to fail worse than the Vita.
I bought myself the system, I enjoy the games so far that I have for it...but im not going to sit there in some fog of delusion like some users on this site and say the system is perfect and sales are great. If some big announcements arent made soon, I'm going to seriously look into selling the system. People don't want a paperweight, they want a system with games, and right now there's next to nothing on this system.

I agree with the first half of your statement. But the rest is pretty much garbage. If you sold every system if it had a slow first three months then you would own pretty much zero systems.
#32StopTheTediousPosted 1/20/2013 3:11:47 AM
hellbringher posted...
No need to want. Nintendo is doing for us.

Please stop trolling, lol.
#33NitharadPosted 1/20/2013 3:34:18 AM
Propably because we want this age of gimmicks to be over.

And maybe end that stupid console war that in the end lets the player suffer.
Because there's no competition to be found in the console war, third-party exclusives are the most obvious example.
#34GLDanzegoPosted 1/20/2013 5:49:54 AM
Because they're losers who are completely out of touch with reality.

When I was a kid, I used to like Coca Cola a lot, but at some point, started to prefer Pepsi. However, I wouldn't go to a Coca Cola messageboard and spout off about it, making idiotic remarks about Coca Cola, posting sales data, and, when called out on it, trying to convince everyone there that I'm just some concerned ex-Coca Cola drinker. Doing something like that would be utterly psychotic.

For some reason, many videogame fantrolls don't have the clarity to realize that what they're doing is exactly the same thing (not to mention, equally stupid). They have no sense of reality. It's just a videogame machine, yet they feel the need to troll and/or argue with people who happen to play a different brand videogame machine than they.

Of course, no matter how many times that's pointed out to them, these mental midgets will never grow up and get that.

--
#35uneedtowakeupPosted 1/20/2013 5:58:53 AM
Because the system sucks.

Nintendo need to learn to not sell out and give us crud with a stupid gimmicky feature that isnt even any good in the first place..

Wii - Good gimmick
Wii U - Bad gimmick

It's as simple as that.

I dont want it to fail but it probably will unless nintendo release some kick ass software soon.
#36SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/20/2013 6:06:53 AM
jillwarren posted...
Because it is different, and to many of them, Nintendo can do no right.

Take the controller. People whined and cried about how the Gamepad wasn't a traditional controller, so they release one which is very similar to the 360 controller, and then they suck because their controller is just a 360 ripoff.

In other words; they just hate Nintendo.

As much as Nintendo fanboys call everything a "Nintendo ripoff", you would think they wouldn't get their undies so twisted at people noticing such an obvious 360 ripoff.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#37tuznecotePosted 1/20/2013 6:15:32 AM(edited)
The ones that matter don't WANT it to fail. They want it to succeed but they just want and need the system to preform better. Its called passion. Especially when this year we have the announcement of the other 2 systems which could "potentially" wipe the floor with Wii.U. If Nintendo don't pull they're thumbs out their asses and play the right cards in time.
#38_Sovereign_Posted 1/20/2013 6:25:43 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
They're mad their 360's caught fire trying to render sub HD graphics at 25-30fps.

this and the ps3

---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#39SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/20/2013 6:32:48 AM
tuznecote posted...
The ones that matter don't WANT it to fail. They want it to succeed but they just want and need the system to preform better. Its called passion. Especially when this year we have the announcement of the other 2 systems which could "potentially" wipe the floor with Wii.U. If Nintendo don't pull they're thumbs out their asses and play the right cards in time.

If whiny forum users are the only ones that matter, then no wonder the WiiU if failing. The ones that REALLY matter, genius, are anyone with money. Nintendo is a giant business, in case you didn't know. They want as many people as possible to buy this thing, not just the blindly faithful.

They converted an enormous amount of people into Wii gamers after the N64/Gamecube bomb runs they had. The Wii sold more than both N64 and Gamecube combined in both of their lifetimes. So the fact that those people are over the "casual flavor" of the Wii is why the WiiU is bombing.

The "hardcore" that left the Nintendo brand after the SNES aren't buying the Wii U to play year old ports either. If Nintendo would have made a powerhouse console instead of the Wii, they might of had a chance to go causal with the WiiU. They started the minigame/quick playtime storm, then let phones and tablets steal the thunder.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#40DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 11:32:07 AM
TheFlamingC posted...
I fail to see how it's going to fail worse than the Vita when it already outsold the Vita's lifetime in 2 months. Not saying that's it's impossible for it to fail but, to claim that it's going to be another Vita is more than stretching it.

You also fail to count. The 2.5 was a number from sept not now, vita has closer to 4 mil then 2.5 now and wiiUs sales have dropped like a rock, it had the holiday boost and the launch boost and now it has neither.