Why do people want this system to fail so bad?

#41DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 12:35:47 PM
MewtwoEx posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Not fail per se, but it's fairly ignorant of Nintendo to charge $350 for out dated technology when they have billions in the bank

A price drop and serious investment into online would be generous.

Lol, and ignorant calling others ingnorant

do you even knw how much the Tablet controller costs by itself?

180 bucks
thats just in parts, not counting the production
knowing that, lets take the 300 dollar console

they are selling you the console with cables , sensor bar, and cradles for just 120 dollars
a console that is more powerful than the PS360

its stupid to think its equal, since the parts required to make a PS3 and 360 are so outdated, that it would cost nintendo more to order such parts, thats why they used tech from 2012 and not 2005

Now my boy, who is the ignorant? exactly!

It's not more powerful the ps3/360 atleast not significantly so, and it doesn't include a harddrive or an ethernet port unlike ps3/360. They cut so many corners with it it's pathetic, I wouldn't be surprized if it costed less to produce then the ps3 once you take away the tablet controller.
#42tuznecotePosted 1/20/2013 12:36:25 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
tuznecote posted...
The ones that matter don't WANT it to fail. They want it to succeed but they just want and need the system to preform better. Its called passion. Especially when this year we have the announcement of the other 2 systems which could "potentially" wipe the floor with Wii.U. If Nintendo don't pull they're thumbs out their asses and play the right cards in time.

If whiny forum users are the only ones that matter, then no wonder the WiiU if failing. The ones that REALLY matter, genius, are anyone with money. Nintendo is a giant business, in case you didn't know. They want as many people as possible to buy this thing, not just the blindly faithful.

They converted an enormous amount of people into Wii gamers after the N64/Gamecube bomb runs they had. The Wii sold more than both N64 and Gamecube combined in both of their lifetimes. So the fact that those people are over the "casual flavor" of the Wii is why the WiiU is bombing.

The "hardcore" that left the Nintendo brand after the SNES aren't buying the Wii U to play year old ports either. If Nintendo would have made a powerhouse console instead of the Wii, they might of had a chance to go causal with the WiiU. They started the minigame/quick playtime storm, then let phones and tablets steal the thunder.

No. Sorry I should of prevented this by assuming he meant trolls are just people complaining about the lack of games and stuff and not the ones just trolling not naming names!
#43icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 12:52:05 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
TheFlamingC posted...
I fail to see how it's going to fail worse than the Vita when it already outsold the Vita's lifetime in 2 months. Not saying that's it's impossible for it to fail but, to claim that it's going to be another Vita is more than stretching it.

You also fail to count. The 2.5 was a number from sept not now, vita has closer to 4 mil then 2.5 now and wiiUs sales have dropped like a rock, it had the holiday boost and the launch boost and now it has neither.

Prove it
#44myusernameislamePosted 1/20/2013 12:52:34 PM

Wii - Good gimmick
Wii U - Bad gimmick

How exactly...? I mean from a marketing standpoint that's true but from an actually making fun games standpoint it's more like the opposite is the case.
---
If you refuse to take your sig from someone else, put this in your sig.
#45BlueSophiaPosted 1/20/2013 12:56:34 PM
Because they listen to Michael Pachter.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#46googlerPosted 1/20/2013 1:02:13 PM
jillwarren posted...
Because it is different, and to many of them, Nintendo can do no right.

Take the controller. People whined and cried about how the Gamepad wasn't a traditional controller, so they release one which is very similar to the 360 controller, and then they suck because their controller is just a 360 ripoff.

In other words; they just hate Nintendo.

no, I think the real complaint is how many corners they cut on everything. For instance the controllers low red, low quality screen or how cheap it feels at a tome where most people will compare it to the smart phones they've owned for many years now
#47FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/20/2013 1:07:18 PM
Cause some people take video games very seriously for reasons I cant understand. Gaming is a hobby something to do in your free time it's not your life unless your a video game developer but that's cause its there job. I mean it just seems like a lot of people not saying everyone just cant get over the fact that people like something they don't, I hate to tell ya guys but there will always be people that don't agree with your opinion that doesn't mean you make it your life's mission to bad mouth that person every chance you get.

This board and a lot of other message boards out would be a lot better if ya learned to just not take everything so seriously.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#48icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 1:13:46 PM
uneedtowakeup posted...
Because the system sucks.

Nintendo need to learn to not sell out and give us crud with a stupid gimmicky feature that isnt even any good in the first place..

Wii - Good gimmick
Wii U - Bad gimmick

It's as simple as that.

I dont want it to fail but it probably will unless nintendo release some kick ass software soon.

Gimmick Sony might be copying again
#49Sailor GoonPosted 1/20/2013 1:13:56 PM
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
TheFlamingC posted...
I fail to see how it's going to fail worse than the Vita when it already outsold the Vita's lifetime in 2 months. Not saying that's it's impossible for it to fail but, to claim that it's going to be another Vita is more than stretching it.

You also fail to count. The 2.5 was a number from sept not now, vita has closer to 4 mil then 2.5 now and wiiUs sales have dropped like a rock, it had the holiday boost and the launch boost and now it has neither.

Prove it

Prove what? Its widely known the last sales numbers for Vita were from way back in around September. Four million is a more than adequate guess. And Nintendo had both the launch boost and the holidays, but the sales dropped over 70%. You can actually look at any sales charts or threads for this information. WiiU is selling around 20,000 units per week right now in Japan and EU. It takes all of five seconds of looking around to 'prove' what he said.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#50DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 1:14:16 PM
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
TheFlamingC posted...

Prove it

By the usual troll logic which you guys use wouldn't he have to prove vita has 2.5 million sold at this date in time? Since he made the claim first. Or does that only apply when I said it first.