Why do people want this system to fail so bad?

#71icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 4:28:38 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
If I need anything more powerful I will using my gaming machine, I play games for fun. Nintendo never disappoints. It also never breaks

Have fun spending 500 to upgrade and missing out on 30% of multiplats. I play games for fun too, I'm just not big on more of the same, it's good once in awhile but it gets old fast for me and that's all Nintendo is with it's games, and the wiiU isn't even capable of doing something ps3/360 can't and probably already have so there won't be any new gameplay experiences. Nintendo games haven't been evolving, I feel like I've already played them. I also find online fun and digital games fun both things Nintendo fails at with wiiU.

So if I need to spend $500 to upgrade my already highend gaming pc how much do you think the new consoles will cost
#72Emerald_MeliosPosted 1/20/2013 4:31:21 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Not fail per se, but it's fairly ignorant of Nintendo to charge $350 for out dated technology when they have billions in the bank

A price drop and serious investment into online would be generous.

So you expect them to not make a profit on their consumer goods?
#73RockD79Posted 1/20/2013 4:47:30 PM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
i have no idea why. sure its not the traditional console of the modern era, but it has a lot of promise. it will never be as powerful as the ps4/xbox, but those in turn will never be better than computers, so i welcome gimmicks as long as they are used well and add to the experience. idk maybe i have low standards or am just flexible in my gaming and enjoy it in many different forms. i have played almost all the systems from the early 90's up till now and hope they all the current and future ones succeed... even though i hate the whole xbox live pay to play online thing. why wish for failure? is the world (well gamers at an rate) really that negative?

The ones that talk the most smack are just a bunch of kids. They really have no knowledge as far as why they're playing this and how they're playing that. Over and over again they pit a "video game only" company against two multimedia giants and expect perfection. They really don't take the time to digest what Nintendo has done for the industry and what they continue to do today. Its not really worth the time to argue about it with them. I just ignore it. Just let them piss all over it if that's what they choose to do. In a way its like pissing on their own hands. Just so you know where I stand I enjoy my Wii U. I also like my Xbox 360. And I'm glad Nintendo chose to do something different. It makes it worth so much more to own two consoles that do different things. I'm looking forward to what the Wii U gets this year and whats in store for the next Xbox. Good stuff I'm sure.
#74DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 4:53:23 PM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
If I need anything more powerful I will using my gaming machine, I play games for fun. Nintendo never disappoints. It also never breaks

Have fun spending 500 to upgrade and missing out on 30% of multiplats. I play games for fun too, I'm just not big on more of the same, it's good once in awhile but it gets old fast for me and that's all Nintendo is with it's games, and the wiiU isn't even capable of doing something ps3/360 can't and probably already have so there won't be any new gameplay experiences. Nintendo games haven't been evolving, I feel like I've already played them. I also find online fun and digital games fun both things Nintendo fails at with wiiU.

So if I need to spend $500 to upgrade my already highend gaming pc how much do you think the new consoles will cost

Over the course of next gen yes, and ps3/360 will be like 400-450 and you can cut 300 off that since you bought a wiiU.

So ps3/360 400-450 or wiiU 300-350 + 500 pc. Which one is cheaper?
#75DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 4:54:22 PM
RockD79 posted...
The ones that talk the most smack are just a bunch of kids. They really have no knowledge as far as why they're playing this and how they're playing that. Over and over again they pit a "video game only" company against two multimedia giants and expect perfection. They really don't take the time to digest what Nintendo has done for the industry and what they continue to do today. Its not really worth the time to argue about it with them. I just ignore it. Just let them piss all over it if that's what they choose to do. In a way its like pissing on their own hands. Just so you know where I stand I enjoy my Wii U. I also like my Xbox 360. And I'm glad Nintendo chose to do something different. It makes it worth so much more to own two consoles that do different things. I'm looking forward to what the Wii U gets this year and whats in store for the next Xbox. Good stuff I'm sure.

ITT past=future.
#76DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 4:55:30 PM
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...

You are an idiot if you think ps3/360 are more powerful then Wii u

Learn to read. I didn't say it was more powerful I said it can't do anything gameplay wise ps3/360 can't and probably have already done. It's roughly the same it really doesn't matter which one edges which out.
#77icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 5:03:00 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...

Over the course of next gen yes, and ps3/360 will be like 400-450 and you can cut 300 off that since you bought a wiiU.

So ps3/360 400-450 or wiiU 300-350 + 500 pc. Which one is cheaper?

Not needed maybe a new video card at some point, but is bet if the specs on the new system is that great and ps4 has a multitouch pad and xbox has kin 2 u will be looking at 500+ . Now let's say Sony goes less and sells at a loss why would u buy from a company that's financial situation is bad and could pull the plug on its gaming machine at any time. Ms can sell at a loss again but y would they. Nintendo is in the best position and will outlast the other two
#78icarus231Posted 1/20/2013 5:09:19 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...

You are an idiot if you think ps3/360 are more powerful then Wii u

Learn to read. I didn't say it was more powerful I said it can't do anything gameplay wise ps3/360 can't and probably have already done. It's roughly the same it really doesn't matter which one edges which out.

It can do more then either is capable of , I read exactly what you said . Gameolay wise even if it was less powerful it can do more since it can at minimum manage inventory and maps on the 2nd screen which neither of the others can do. So check and mate. Go back to playing games in your moms basement.
#79DemonDog666Posted 1/20/2013 5:11:52 PM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
Not needed maybe a new video card at some point, but is bet if the specs on the new system is that great and ps4 has a multitouch pad and xbox has kin 2 u will be looking at 500+ . Now let's say Sony goes less and sells at a loss why would u buy from a company that's financial situation is bad and could pull the plug on its gaming machine at any time. Ms can sell at a loss again but y would they. Nintendo is in the best position and will outlast the other two

ps4 won't have a touchpad at all though so take 100 off your 500, and kinect 2 probably won't be standard either.

Best position financially, worst online, worst 3rd party, 2ed first party, worst hardware. Sony isn't going under any more then Nintendo is and Sony won't need to sell at a loss at 400 to run circles around the wiiU and pcs are horribly optimized so they need better specs for the same result..

icarus231 posted...
It can do more then either is capable of , I read exactly what you said . Gameolay wise even if it was less powerful it can do more since it can at minimum manage inventory and maps on the 2nd screen which neither of the others can do. So check and mate. Go back to playing games in your moms basement.

WTF are you talking about, the second screen is useless for gameplay. Delusional much?
#80versioneroPosted 1/20/2013 5:17:09 PM
I think nintendo could be doing a lot worse...but I think the wii u is going to do better per capita in the long run...
---
Nero