The hype level Smash 4 will have cannot top Brawl's hype level

#1The_Shadow_LinkPosted 1/20/2013 11:43:47 AM
I do not think the hype level of the next Smash can top what Brawl had. The hype for Brawl was insane. It was revealed a few days after all the E3 Nintendo conference and not only did it reveal stuff like Final Smashes, Popular Choices like Metaknight plus old characters being brought back like Pit. But then they dropped the big announcement of Solid Snake being in the game. The hype only continued to grow with the reveals of the Smash Bros Dojo and further Character Announcements, Sonic Announcement probably being the biggest point of hype for many afterwards.

I do not see how Nintendo can build as much hype for the next game as Brawl. Can any of you come up with some answers as to what they could do that would make the hype level for the next smash soar past Brawls Hype?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#2ADHDguitarPosted 1/20/2013 11:45:24 AM
I don't think anything can top that hype.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3SSJMarioPosted 1/20/2013 11:45:54 AM
Looking back,I should have started away from dojo. Half the fun to me is to unlock characters that I had no idea would be in the game
---
PSN=bowserkick
#4PendragoonPosted 1/20/2013 11:49:23 AM
Namco is working with Nintendo on the game. Tales characters, DBZ characters, there are a lot of options for more crazy fighters to be brought in.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/20/2013 11:50:17 AM
Especially since Sakurai is refusing to talk about it.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#6WaruigiPosted 1/20/2013 12:10:20 PM
It's been fairly under wraps, but what talk there has been says that isn't going to be a whole lot new on the character roster. I would be surprised if the game had more than Namco character and not at all surprised if it had none.
---
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/20/2013 12:14:27 PM
The hype level for brawl was beyond anything i have seen when it comes to video games. I remember to this day after watching nintendos e3 2006 conference excited about the wii. then afterwords watching G4 coverage for the show i read the headline at the bottom nintendo just showed off a new smash trailer i was WTF o.0. i immediately had to jump online to see it then at the end of the trailer with snakes reveal i was a little kid jumping for joy. Then when launch day finally came around i went to the midnight at Gamestop and the line was huge and it was a huge event they where even holding smash tournaments.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8Phantom_NookPosted 1/20/2013 12:17:10 PM
Looking back,I should have started away from dojo. Half the fun to me is to unlock characters that I had no idea would be in the game

Well, to be fair the only unlockable characters revealed before the game launched were Snake and Sonic. It's just that most of the newcomers were starter characters and most of the unlockables were returning from Melee for some reason.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#9SebVettelPosted 1/20/2013 12:19:51 PM
I remember when the full version of the game leaked in January. I was watching the old "ticker" YouTube used to have, where it would randomly show five videos currently being watched and would change every 10 seconds or so. At least one of the five vids was a Brawl vid showing stages + characters.
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/20/2013 12:26:18 PM
I attended a tournament for Brawl held the night before launch. I trained with Kirby on cruel melee for a week religiously. Lost in the final round against Link in a sudden death.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece